“Fine, traditional dining”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fine, traditional dining”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Cuisine is really more Alsatian than "classic" French, but they do it right. Well-timed service with good presentation of food, judicious pouring of wine (I hate places that pour wine unevenly around the table to force you into buying another bottle to make sure everyone gets more in their glass), and the right level of attention. Quality of food and preparations are excellent.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank likes_to_go_abroad

Florid
“Ultimately the best food and restaurant in Orlando!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This past weekend, my husband and I called for reservations to a fine French restaurant , Le Coq au Vin. We had been there a few times over the last 30 years but not for a long, long time. what were we waiting for! It was just fabulous, better that ever. I was afraid it would be booked on a Holiday weekend, but we were accommodated and seated in the larger dining room, completely decorated for Christmas. Our waiter was very attentive and attuned to the menu. The Maitre 'd was so pleasant and down to earth. I suggested a future trip to him, in the Perigord region of France and he is going to take me up on that. Our wine was perfect. Even though the Foie gras became unavailable, I ordered the duck leg and truffle fries. OMG!! Delicious!!My husband had a beef tenderloin. We won't wait so long to dine in such a beautiful setting in South Orlando. Oh, the souffle was good too, just wish it was chocolate!!

1 Thank Crazy Mimi
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Why did I wait so long?!?!?!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I can't believe that my family and I went 30 years of living in the Orlando area without visiting this restaurant. The service was impeccable. Our server was attentive and able to answer any questions immediately. Most importantly, she made us feel welcome.

Every dish was expertly prepared: fresh, hot, and ready to eat; they were also pleasing to the eye. The frog leg appetizer was light and fresh tasting. The lobster bisque and french onion soup were obviously freshly made with care. The schnitzel was perfect. The scallops were great. The real treat were the sublime sweetbreads! Save room for the creme brulee or even better, the souffle!

I will be making this restaurant a regular special occasion stop in the future. It's a family run gem in a sea of chain restaurants. As an added bonus, we were told that beginning in January, there will be a prix fixe option on the menu.

1 Thank OrlandoMike76
“Superb”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and a very warm hospitable staff. The location is a little rough however, and the restaurant small and a little cramped. I may return, definitely recommend to any fans of French cuisine.

1 Thank JoshyRates
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Great food and service”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Every time we visit Orlando we eat at this restaurant. It is in the old part of Orlando and not visited by many tourists. This is a wonderful restaurant and we are so glad that it is still around given the huge amount of restaurants that people visiting Orlando can chose from these days. This is a French restaurant and I have never had a bad meal here. We will be back on our next visit to Orlando.