“Always French, Always a Pleasure”
Review of Le Coq Au Vin

Le Coq Au Vin
Ranked #385 of 3,827 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Always French, Always a Pleasure”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This well established restaurant has been around for a very long time. It never ceases to amaze me how fresh and delicious the food is. I had the duck and it was prepared perfectly. The appetizers of Escargots and Onion Soup were your standard favorites and scrumptious. The Coquille St. Jacques is the best! Then the chocolate souffle was perfect. Nothing was a disappointment. Totally loved every bite and the atmosphere was romantic to celebrate our wedding anniversary (they even put a candle on the swouffle!). Treat yourself to a wonderful dinner that you will find memorable.

Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful~”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I, along with friends, enjoyed dinner a few weeks ago for dinner and I wanted to thank you and your team for a great experience. Everything was yummy but my absolute favorite was the pumpkin soup...Oh my gosh, words can not describe how yummy it was! I found a pumpkin soup recipe from an old article in the Sentinel that referenced your restaurant but it was made with broth and pumpkin only...and I recall the waiter saying it had yogurt in it. Is there any chance that the chef would share the recipe with me? Thanks again for a great evening...hoping to be back soon~

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Did not acknowledge our anniversary”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Arrived for a special wedding anniversary meal. Seated promptly, good food. Waiter served starters to wrong people. Wine ordered out of stock. 10th visit to the restaurant, food still great but the service questions if we will go again

Orlando, Florida, United States
“Rehersal dinner perfection!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

It has been a while since my rehearsal dinner at Le Coq Au Vin, but do not take me being slacky as a negative to this amazing place. The restaraunt worked with my in laws from out of town to plan the perfect menu and seating arrangements. The guests were so pleased with their food. Service was also impeccable. This is my favorite place in Orlando and I am so glad my friends and family from out of town could experience it. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

• Visited March 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Le Coq Au Vin's Oktoberfest!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Le Coq Au Vin is our favorite restaurant and we always choose it as our go-to place for special occasions and celebrations. We ate there tonight to celebrate my husband's new job and our baby-to-be! We were pleasantly surprised to learn that Le Coq Au Vin is running a special new prix-fix menu for Oktoberfest and we were the first diners to ever order from that menu! It's a three course meal with appetizer, entree, and dessert for a set price of $35, which is an excellent deal especially considering the portions were huge! (We made sure to clean our plates anyway!) We highly recommend that you try it while they are offering it through the month of October. It's really unique and the food was outstanding.

The choices were German-themed of course, but since Le Coq Au Vin is a French restaurant the Oktoberfest items are considered Alsatian from the German-influenced region of Alsace Lorraine in France near the German border. Gourmet German food with a French twist -- how can you go wrong? For our appetizers we both ordered the tomato and leek tart -- so flaky with really fresh vegetables surrounded by a mild cream cheese ... perfect! For our entrees, I ordered the Sauerbraten, braised beef in a rich, brown gravy that had a subtle taste of cinnamon. The beef melted in my mouth and went perfectly with the traditional red cabbage and potato dumpling served on the side. My husband ordered the Alsatian meat platter. It came with different types of sausages and pork shoulder. The meats were smothered with the best homemade sauerkraut we've had. He loved it and so did I when I tried it. For dessert, we both chose the apple strudel. We loved that it wasn't overly sweet, but wonderfully tart. It was everything you want in an apple strudel ... flaky, buttery, and brimming with apples and golden raisins.

It was one of our best meals in recent history and was made even better by our server, France. Request her when you make reservations. She is friendly, knowledgeable, and passionate about food and wine. Thank you to Le Coq Au Vin, France, and the chef for a wonderful meal to celebrate our special occasions. Be sure to check out the Oktoberfest menu while you can!