“Orlando's Best”
Review of K Restaurant

K Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
K Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #372 of 3,923 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: New Hampshire St.
Description: Orlandos longest running chef owned and operated restaurant. Located near downtown Orlando, this old house (converted to a restaurant) has a one of a kind herb/vegetable garden in the backyard. A proud sponsor of all local farms and artisans since day 1! The menu changes daily according to the availability of fresh ingredients from locally sourced Central Florida farms and artisans. The K menu is New-American cuisine. We pride ourselves on our quality food and service. K Restaurant also accommodates private parties and events.
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

K Restaurant is a hidden gem in the College Park area of Orlando. It's warm, cozy atmosphere is the perfect place for a date or a night out with friends.
The menu prices can be a little hefty so plan on bringing a full wallet. I don't think I've ever had a bill less than $50pp, but its totally worth every penny. The staff is very knowledgeable and super friendly.
The menu changes quite often so there's always something new to pick. It's also part of the "farm to table" wave that's been moving through Orlando and for me that's a huge plus.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I had an excellent dinner at K Restaurant on a recent weekend getaway.

We each chose a glass of wine to start, and were pleased with our selections. (For alcohol, the restaurant serves wine and beer only - understandable, since it is a wine bar. But just a warning for those who might expect a cocktail list.)

For the first course, I had an heirloom tomato salad that was actually very similar to a caprese salad. The tomatoes were just slightly too ripe, but still tasty, and the salad came with a nice burrata cheese. My entree was the filet mignon, which was prepared just as I ordered and an excellent quality. The potatoes were nothing special. My husband's entree was a tender and juicy pork tenderloin. The desserts were not too large and not too tiny; we had French toast bread pudding and pecan pie in a jar. Both were very tasty, but a little too similar.

Our waiter was very pleasant, and offered recommendations on other places in the area we could visit.

As tourists, we found it well worth our time to make the drive away from the tourist area to K.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

K Wine Bar has an interesting menu that changes frequently.
Went there for my daughter's birthday dinner on a Saturday night. They were out of every wine that we picked on the menu! The wines we ended up with were ok, but that was surprising and disappointing.
Started with the cheese plate which was good, and the squash blossom which I was excited to see, but wasn't that great- just tasted fried-not much flavor in the filling or the sauce. I have made these myself at home, and preferred my version.
The watermelon salad was good. Slices of sweet watermelon placed under a green salad.
The menu choices on this evening did not include any pork-which I had wanted to try. Went for the pasta which was ok but not as good as many local Italian restaurants. My husband had the elk which he said was tasty, but cold. He didn't want to send it back because it was a celebratory dinner. My daughter's boyfriend also had the elk, but didn't say anything either. My daughter enjoyed her fish.
I love restaurants that serve locally sourced food and K restaurant does just that.
The server was good.
Did not enjoy as much as we have in the past, but still think it's a great restaurant and would definitely go back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

On a recent visit to Orlando, companion and I stopped by for dinner.
We had heard good things about "K" and really wanted something different from the usual fare available in Disney where we were attending a conference.
We started with Deviled eggs (she) and Oysters with Tabasco butter (me). Wow to both!
Her fried chicken livers and my eggplant parmesan were excellent as well.
A fine wine list and a super server completed the memorable dining experience.
Highly recommend.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

For a Monday night, they had a decent crowd; however, the two servers could not keep up. The arugula salad was good and the pasta vodka was good. Service was slow and my server never asked me if everything was OK. My red wine was served warm, well above room temperature. Maybe an off night.