“Found a favorite”
Review of K Restaurant

K Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
K Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #405 of 3,926 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: New Hampshire St.
Description: Orlandos longest running chef owned and operated restaurant. Located near downtown Orlando, this old house (converted to a restaurant) has a one of a kind herb/vegetable garden in the backyard. A proud sponsor of all local farms and artisans since day 1! The menu changes daily according to the availability of fresh ingredients from locally sourced Central Florida farms and artisans. The K menu is New-American cuisine. We pride ourselves on our quality food and service. K Restaurant also accommodates private parties and events.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

For some time I have heard about K which is named after the chef and owner Kevin Fonzo and now I know what all the fuss is about. Located in a very unassuming older home in College Park I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the setting was. Small dining room of maybe 20 tables and a quaint bar area the wait staff are friendly and welcoming ...but the reason you go is the food and OMG let me tell you the food is amazing. Appropriate portions with amazing taste and textures that will have you savoring that first bite...and many to follow. I had the salmon and surprisingly I'm not normally a salmon fan but this was truly the best I have ever had. I attended during Orlando's Magical Dining which is a $30 fixed price menu program happening during September each year which made the visit even better. Great outing for an " impress you date" night out

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Locals...if you've not eaten here, you're missing a gem. Visitors, get out of the tourist attraction scene and head just north of downtown for a truly great dining experience. The head chef is a James Beard Award Nominee and it shows. Everything is very well done.

Only thing...if you're prefer hard alcohol to beer and wine, you may want to have a few before you come. This place only has a beer/wine license.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The food is the main highlight of this restauraunt. My favorites were the corn bisque (which was packed full of flavor) and the lemon cheesecake with a blueberry topping.

The atmosphere is intimate but the decor seems a little dated in some areas. The main part of the restaurant seems nice but we sat in what seemed to be a converted porch or patio that gave me a constant view of an old building across the way.

We weren't greeted with a "hello" or even a smile. Just a blank look until the awkward silence was broken by myself stating my name for the reservation. The first server to the table promptly dropped off bread and water but still said nothing even though we said hello. Once our main server arrivde at the table service was prompt and professional, though I don't think he ever introduced himself.

All in all, it may have been an off night for the service staff but the food more than made up for the cold start. We will definitely try this place again.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was my first visit to K restaurant in the neat College Park section in Orlando FL. It is in an old house which made for a nice atmosphere. The food and the service were both great. The menu changes frequently. All 3 of us in our party gave K a big thumbs-up.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was my 2nd time here. The 1st visit was with a friend. We both loved everything we had (app, salad, entree, wine, dessert) and the service was excellent. A bit pricey but we felt worth it for how great it was. This time there were 4 of us. We all agreed the apps and salads were fabulous. But the entrees were half and half. Mine was wonderful. I tasted 2 of the others and agreed they were average at best. I didn't try the 4th entree but she said it was very good. The wine was good and desserts as well. So the 2nd time seemed questionable if the price was worth it or not since 2 entrees weren't amazing. The things we loved were eggplant parmesan, fried green tomatoes, wedge salad, French toast bread pudding, espresso creme brulee, lemon cheesecake with blueberry sauce, and some kind of fish with succotash. What we didn't like was the ricotta gnocchi and a pork dish (the polenta served with the pork was yummy).

1  Thank weRfamily6