“What a great surprise”

The Waterfront
Ranked #985 of 4,060 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Located on Jennie Jewel Lake on S. Orange Avenue! Join us for great food, brews and views! Daily specials, scratch kitchen, and live music 5 days a week! Great for events and special occasions.
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Maybe I shouldn't write about this one, would hate to not be able to get in next time.

Have been driving by this location for years and never stopped in. Well we finally stopped by on a Friday evening at around 6:30 and an emply parking lot. We were a little nervous with there being no business.

I ordered the grilled combo - grouper and scallops. Husband the all you can eat fish. My fish and scallops were wonderful. I got the couscous and did not like the fruit in it. Will try something else next time. While I usually don't like fried fish, this was very tasty and light. Perfectly done.

Sit outside and enjoy the beautiful view. Out front a very busy road, out back it is like being in old time Florida on the water looking out.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife has driven by the place numerous times, tonight we tried it. There was only the two of us so we had the fried fish and mahi sandwich. Very very impressed (with the food). The service was quite good, and the decor is FAR from special but the fried fish (all you can eat for $9.99) was (maybe) the best fried fish that I've ever had. Very (very) lightly battered (really not even a batter--more like a coating) and the french fries were also exceptionally good.
The sangria was also very good.
I know that we didn't sample much of the menu but from what I had I would definitely consider going back.
A very nice surprise--it seems like such a dockside seen-better-days restaurant but the food was really exceptional. I can only hope that our next trip (and there will be one) is as good as this.
Great job--don't be put off by the location but beware--this place is NOT for a romantic evening or getaway--just a great place for fried seafood and fries.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We drove past Julie's Waterfront for years, not realizing what a great local spot it is. We finally stopped one day. Nothing fancy, just good food, great service, waterfront view. The locals know all about this place. When we walk in we are greeted with smiles and hello's and our drinks beat us to our table. A great place to sit with your computer if you have need of free wifi.

1  Thank C G
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Julie's is an Orlando institution with over 20 years lakeside. The patio has been host to many legendary Happy Hours. Today its not quite up to the legend foodwise even though the view is beautiful.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The plate portions were very nice, there is live music on Saturdays (this young man is very talented) and the staff made me feel like I came there every weekend. The view of the waterfront was relaxing.