“Amazing food”

Ranked #21 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: African
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Jiko – The Cooking Place fuses the bold flavors of traditional African, Indian and Mediterranean cuisine at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.Twin wood-burning ovens roar and the soothing, warm colors of an African sunset bring energy to this remarkable restaurant. The menu features modern cuisine with an African flair. Delight your palate with dishes that change seasonally, such as braised short ribs, Chermoula-roasted prawns, and Peri Peri roasted chicken, along with conventional favorites. Take a culinary tour of Africa with tantalizing appetizers such as grilled wild boar tenderloin, crispy beef bobotie roll and brick oven-fired flatbreads. Watch the chefs prepare each meal in The Cooking Place, a show kitchen with a rich atmosphere befitting the beauty of this unique restaurant. Jiko also offers 2 tantalizing wine-and-dine experiences: Jiko Wine Dinner Series: Four times a year, Jiko partners with renowned winemakers from South Africa to take you on a culinary journey. The chefs prepare a 6- to 8-course meal carefully designed to complement the unique characteristics of the African terroir. As you dine, the winemakers paint a picture of their vineyards through the taste of their wines—and Jiko's Wine Room transforms into a mixture of flavors, friends, aromas and conversations that go into the night.Jiko Wine Tastings: Every Wednesday, explore the South African wine regions as you taste unique wines paired with artisanal cheese.Whether you're seeking a decadent wine dinner or a vibrant accompaniment to your meal, Jiko offers wine options to suit your style.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We decided to eat at the hotel one night and managed to get a reservation at Jiko. The food was absolutely phenomenal and the service was brilliant. we will definitely be returning!

2  Thank littlestephm

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This restaurant is a fine dining establishment in The Animal Kingdom Lodge at Disney World. We ate here during the first night of our vacation and it was literally one of the best restaurants we ate at during our week long stay. We were on the Deluxe Disney Dining plan and if you are on this plan and plan to eat here it is equivalent to two entitlements per person. Our waiter was excellent; very informative and it was clear he knew everything he was talking about. The service was superb. The atmosphere was nice and quiet and the restaurant was decorated tastefully. The restaurant is African inspired with many African dishes on the menu. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who is open to trying new and different dishes and for those who want an impeccable dining experience. It is highly recommended that you make dinner reservations as far in advance as possible (they accept reservations about to 6 months in advance).

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were at Jiko the 4th of this month for an an anniversary dinner. It's been three weeks and we are still raving about our experience. I am a very picky eater so my boyfriend was weary about bringing me here but I am so glad he did! We started with some South African wine. I can't remember the name (Jam something) of the bottle we chose but it was absolutely delicious! We ordered a flat bread for our appetizer, I ordered the short ribs (super tender), and my boyfriend ordered scallops. Everything was flavorful and cooked to perfection. I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Kristy A
Reviewed June 19, 2014

On June 17, 2014 my wife and I celebrated are 8th wedding anniversary. Let me start off by saying the cast members of the restaurant were great. Special thanks to Hassan and Chef Michael. The food and service was great. Thanks Jiko cast members.

2  Thank Bruce W
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had a family gather here to celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary for my bother and sister in law. This was a big party ..14. The staff was exceptional...great knowledge of the wine list. I had the short ribs, my wife had a monk fish--both seasoned to perfection. Be sure to try the wild boar appetizer! Not cheap, but if you foot the bill...I recommend it.