“Great Food, Not So Great Service”

High Tide Harry's Seafood
Ranked #359 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orlando, FL
“Great Food, Not So Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went here for dinner and were seated quickly. We ordered our drinks first and we got them okay. Our waitress had promised to bring some hush puppies, but they were forgotten until we had to ask again. She brought out the appetizers, which was a bowl of Blu Stu and a shrimp cocktail for the other two members in our group. I had also ordered a bowl of Blu Stu as my entree, but I told the waitress it was okay if she brought it early (because I was hungry) with the appetizers. She said "no, that's your entree!" and immediately left. I guess no soup for me! So finally our entrees all arrive at once. The food looks good, but we still have no silverware to eat with. The lady, who was different than our server, seemed confused by all the requests we were asking her for at once. I finally got frustrated and reached behind to the empty table behind me and got everyone a silverware set. Good thing too, because silverware never came. The other thing that never came was our companion's salad (one of the two side with his entree). His second drink order from the bar sat at the bar a while and the ice melted into the drink before our waitress picked it up. Now granted, as terrible as the service was, the food was delicous. That Blu Stu of theirs is amazing! The crab stuffed fish also very good. We liked all the food--the kitchen was doing a good job. I was on my last bite of soup and still had the spoon in my hand as it was heading toward the bowl and the waitress comes and snatched the bowl away. She went across the table and tried to grab another plate, which still had food on it. Our friend was able to catch his plate just in the nick of time and said he wasn't done yet. At the end of our meal, we made sure to let the manager know about the service. We would return for the good food, but we hope the restaurant corrects the issue with their server!

• Visited December 2012

Montana
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Driving around with my mom who just flew in - we were looking for a place besides your usual bonefish grill and drove by High Tide Harry's. We saw more cars in the parking lot than Joes Crab Shack (which we are not fans of) and after a quick google review we gave it a try. We went about 2 in the afternoon and I must say we were thoroughly impressed! Great fish bowl beer deal for me and we started out with stuffed mushrooms which were good. Mom got the platter of fried oysters while I did the broiled scallops. The prices for these dishes - and the quality of food is really awesome and includes two side dishes. It was VERY good. Very. Our server was nice and knowledgeable of the menu items, she steered us in the right direction. I just can't say enough about this place. Go Here if you are looking for a great meal at reasonable prices with a fun atmosphere. We are already planning our next meal here : )

• Visited December 2012
“Nice atmosphere great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We met our son in laws family at High Tide Harry's for dinner our second ought in Orlando. It was quite a fun place to eat and the servers were very attentative. Prices were reasonable and the service was fast. Would go again.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Best seafood in Orlando”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We dined at High Tide Harry's on our last visit to Orlando a few years ago and wanted to go again. Our GPS took us to the old location! But we found the new place (opened 2 1/2 years ago!) right next to Joe's Crab Shack!! The parking lot was pretty full, but we were seated right away. They had a great selection of beer and an extensive menu. The portions were generous and everything was quite tasty. We got hush puppies with a cinnamon spread which was free and had conch fritters for an appetizer - they were delicious (we were recommended to go to H T H before in search of conch fritters) I had the grouper and hubby had shrimp. The corn on the cob was as good as at home! We don't get to Orlando often but hope to go again if only to eat here!

Orlando, Florida
“Fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is the best place for the freshest seafood in town! Service is always the best and everyone is so firendly. Love this place!!!!

• Visited September 2012