“Look No Further Best Mexican in Central Florida”

Garibaldi Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1,396 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Look No Further Best Mexican in Central Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've spent about a year traveling around central Florida and out to the east coast trying different Mexican restaurants. This on is the best. They have two locations in Orlando, on Semoran bv. and Colonial Dr. (the smaller one), and the larger one that we prefer on Sand Lake Rd. (our favorite),
The food is fresh and authentic and delicious, we've never had a bad experience. Service is quick and friendly, and the margarita's at exellent! Be sure to start off with the Queso fundido with chorizo, if you like spicey fun, ask for their home made hot sauce, not too hot yet smokey with a flavor explosion. Also the crispy carnitas are awesome.
Enchaladas rancheros are another favorite. Enjoy!!

• Visited October 2011

Crown Point, New York
“Genuine Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

We throughly enjoyed this restaurant, the food was very good and the service too! We would definately go back to this establishment again when we are down in Kissimmee area. The prices are affordable and the portions are about average. Staff very friendly and helpful with describing selections and specials.

• Visited October 2010
St. John's, NL
“Excellent, excllent food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

We have visited Orlando twice in the past two years, and each time we've visited Garibaldi's twice. I am really surprised by the negative comments below regarding service, because we have found the service to be really good each time we've visited. It is an informal environment, but we have found the staff to be very polite, very conscientious and eager to make sure we enjoyed our meal.

And the food is fab! If you are looking for authentic Mexican, this is the real deal! Their sope is too die for, with a perfect corndough base - not too heavy and not too light. Their large chile renello is also very yummy - you can order one on the side for $3.99. They have some really nice sauces, the ranchero is especially good. Some of the best guacamole I've had at a restuarant, ever! And if you like tacos the way they should be - with just onion, cilantro and lime, then you will be very, very happy!

We are big foodies, and I am especially a fan of good Mexican food. I can only imagine that the people complaining about the food might be more used to American-style Mex food, with loads of cheese, etc. This is more authentic and light and very flavourful. Only one thing we didn't like - when we asked for hot sauce, they gave us this really bitter, watery, chil pepper-full crazy bitter, hot sauce in a small bowl. We didn't like this at all, ans were surprised since some of the hot sauces in their dishes are so excellent. But they also provided a bottle of mexican hot sauce, which was quite good, so we were happy with that.

Overall, a really great spot if you want good Mexican food in an informal and authentic atmosphere. And prices are really reasonable, too. The mariachi band on the weekends is a lovely touch!

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank Beachlovah
orlando, fl
“HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

After hearing such 'amazing' reviews about Garibaldi's restaurant I decided to try it hoping to find a new spot to eat. However, once I picked up my order and got home I found that only 1 thing out of the 5 piece order was correct. As I tried to call and, hopefully, get some quality customer service to help the situation- I RECEIVED NONE. They were horrible, kept passing off the phone, refused to help us in ANY way, screaming over me, and TELLING ME what I ordered and what was in the bag when it clearly wasn't. I was very angry at the management and customer service that it ruined my over all experience and will never return.

Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great authentic Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

We didn't know much about the restaurant. But we greatly surprised. The food was fantastic, the amount of food given for the price was awesome. The atmosphere was very quaint. Waiters and Waitresses outfits were authentic and very festive. Our waiter was very personable and helpful. The Arnold Palmers were fantastic. The Food was unbelieveable. We totally enjoyed our meal and they had a Marachi Band playing while people ate. Great prices too.

1 Thank migdiamond