“Good food, average service”

Garden Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #1,945 of 3,852 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

The Food especially being vegetarian definitely punches above its weight. Well prepared and thought out.
The wait staff could definitely be better. Felt that the place had a depressed look about it and the wait staff definitely didn't help to brighten it up.

There are newer reviews for Garden Cafe Restaurant

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I come to this restaurant at least 2-3 times a month. As a vegetarian family, my husband and I are always seeking out great places to dine. We stumbled upon this place on Google. I had no idea such a place existed, and was thrilled to try it out. The food is amazing, and I have developed two favorites- the chicken and cream cheese sushi roll, and the sesame chicken. Both are imitation meat of course, and so delicious. I would eat here every week if it were not for the distance from my home. The staff is very kind and non invasive while you dine, in other words, it's not like chain restaurants where the staff come every 10 minutes when you have a mouth full of food and ask how it is :) I might have to plan another visit after writing this!

2  Thank Kylee L
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The food was very good and the different types of "food" were close to what they would taste like such as the beef and chicken. The spring rolls are delicious, not greasy at all. I tried the hamburger and it was also very good. The portions are good size. You will take some home with you.

1  Thank Theresa C
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I wanted to eat at this restaurant on my recent visit, but being Gluten free I called to make sure it was safe. There apparently is nothing on the menu without Soy Sauce - therefore - no gluten free options. I was very bummed out because it had been recommended for the vegearian options!

1  Thank millersimpson
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I eat meat, but I try to have at least one all vegetarian day a week. If I lived closer, I'd probably go here every time, but because it's about 40 minutes away, this place is just a special treat. The Singapore rice noodle, which I order extra spicy, is so delicious! The flavor is perfect, with crisp peppers and carrots, and my favorite part is the imitation meat. There's "shrimp", "chicken", and "pork", all of which have an amazing and moist texture that, in some ways, beats their real counterparts. (how many times have you eaten stringy dry chicken??)
I've had several other dishes that were excellent, as well as the fresh-made carrot juice. Healthy, quality vegan food!

1  Thank hederafemme