“Great Birthday Dinner!”
Review of Fulton's Crab House - CLOSED

Fulton's Crab House
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I spent my Birthday week in Orlando and all I knew going into the trip was that I wanted a lobster dinner for my Birthday. I researched seafood restaurants and this one was exactly what I was looking for. (My friend had been here a few years before). When I made my reservation they asked if it was a special occasion and I said we were celebrating a birthday and left it at that. Our server was wonderful she was about our age and talked to us about what parks we were going to and where we were from. I would say about 4 different servers came up to wish me a Happy Birthday throughout the evening (unbeknownst to me my friend had called the restaurant the week before to make sure that my birthday would be acknowledged and some sort of cake would be availble). The food was great. We both started with Caesar salad. I had the steamed lobster with crab legs and potatoes. The food was hot and fresh. I would have like some better lobster picking tools but no big deal I made do with what they gave me which was a cracker and a three pronged small fork. My friend had a white fish of some sort in a sauce with Brussels sprouts. I don't really exactly recall what she had because I was very absorbed in my lobster but she really liked it. We both ordered dessert because it was my birthday but my server had already ordered me a free birthday dessert and instead of telling me this she put my dessert order in anyway so I ended up with two desserts....can't really complain about that. I brought one back to our Condo for the next day. All in all great experience. Love the atmosphere and I figure it must be pretty authentic seafood since there were some Bostonian's sitting behind us and they loved it too. Great for a special night out. I love the atmosphere of Downtown Disney.

1  Thank mpotter908

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The walk up to the restaurant is very impressive. As we were seated we noticed the tables around us seemed to be getting greeted much faster than we were. When our server approached the table she seemed distraught and disheveled. The first thing my wife noticed were the tattoos on both her wrists! This was something that we had not encountered at any other disney location.
My Wife ordered crab cakes, and i had a salmon. The presentation on both dishes were top notch. The crab cakes were a little bland, but the salmon was perfect! The menu is excellent and the cleanliness of the restaurant is impressive considering the volume they must do!
In general our visit was nice, but our server Anamaria seemed overwhelmed and not up too disney standards.We would return!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am a long time Disney Pass holder. My wife and I have walked by this restaurant and said we need to try it. Well we finally had enough time to make a reservation and give it a try. Well that is where the good became bad.
1st the staff is not very friendly or personable. It was a very impersonal experience. They do not get the Disney tradition when it comes to the overall experience.
2nd the food quality was below par. I had ordered a Lobster/Shrimp roll. The size was very small for the price you pay. Also half way through the roll I bit into something hard. I asked the waitress and she said it is normal to sometimes have lobster cartilage in the roll. I have had lobster rolls at other restaurants and this has never happened to me before. I guess I expected a higher quality.
They did credit the overpriced appetizer as a consolation.
3rd the service was very slow. It took over 10 minutes to receive a drink order for 2 from the bar. I would like to point out that they were not very busy. We were there after lunch rush about 230pm.

I would say that I can NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had the steak dinner; supposed to be cooked medium. Medium is not the same as Well done. I didn't return it, yuk, I ate as much as I could. Ok, so I did ask for mashed after getting an uncooked potato, supposed to be baked.
The worst part was our server, Tommy, so rude. Terrible table service manners, the worst ever had the displeasure to experience. He made insinuations on a personal level and insulted the next table of young people on their honeymoon, telling us weird things we didn't want to hear. Get rid of this fat nosey ignorant laborer who doesn't deserve to work in any restaurant in Fla. Ew.

1  Thank busydeb7
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stopped in for a late dinner around 8pm. There were 3 of us, we sat in the bar at one of the high top tables overlooking the lagoon. Nice view! Seafood was fresh and all of our side dishes were hot. Service was great and attentive. Prices were to be expected for fresh seafood. We would go back if our travels put us in the Disney area.