“Excellent experience”

Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I've been to the Flying Fish with my family a few times now, and I can tell you that it has been an excellent experience every time.

Located on the Boardwalk - which is also beautiful and fun - you get a nice view and a great atmosphere. The staff greet you with smiles all around, and our reservation has never gotten muddled up or pushed back.

We got the same waitress every time (we asked for her, as she was wonderful to us the first time!) and she was always kind and attentive. She handled our orders with efficiency, and the food was delivered to us exactly as requested without much wait.

Oh, and the food is just awesome! They have a sort of southern-style twist to their menu, and everything is done right: nothing overly fancy or snobby. Just great.

Make your reservations and try the Flying Fish if you're ever in the area, because it is certain to be a great meal for you and your family/friends/significant other.

There are newer reviews for Flying Fish

Reviewed August 9, 2014

This was our one night out without the kids so we'd have had a good time anywhere! However there are lots of good things here. We really liked the boardwalk location. It has a lovely holiday feel and I'd definitely recommend a visit.
The menu looked fab. Seafood and a few Asian inspirations. However while it was all perfectly fine the dishes just didn't quite wow as we'd hoped. The signature red snapper main is lovely but very heavy and we just had too much. Scallops in the risotto were perfectly cooked but the risotto was a bit. Land and a little undercooked.
Tuna tartare with sushi rolls was again just a little bland.
The place was a bit pricey but not obscene. Very good device and I'd definitely say its worth a dinner before going to jellyrolls piano bar which really made our night!

1  Thank Gooldie
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My family of five visited "Flying Fish Cafe" during our most recent WDW trip and we left the restaurant raving about the food and the service.

My wife enjoyed the red snapper, while I dined on the entree duo of Char-Crusted Angus NY Strip and Snapper. The steak may be the best I have ever eaten. It was cooked perfectly and the char crust was unreal. After the first bite, I was hooked and to this day, my mouth waters when thinking about the dish.

However, the highlight of the meal was the service we were afforded by Tim. A couple of examples: After ordering the crab cake and salad for an appetizer (my wife ordered the artisanal cheese), my wife jokingly expressed her disappointment in not getting a bite of my crab cake. Tim overheard the comment and returned to the table with a crab cake for her to enjoy, unrequested. Also, for dessert, my kids requested the "Mickey's Chocolate Puzzle," which is an actual puzzle to put together. Tim was nice enough to sit down with my family and help them put the puzzle together! Tim went above and beyond and may be the best server we have experienced.

Will definitely return!

2  Thank KCL78
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife, daughter and myself had a great dinner and experience at the Flying Fish. Our server, Bob, was excellent. He went so far as to insist our daughter eat a little more of her dinner before he would bring her desert.
The food was excellent. I recommend the Red Snapper.

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure what complaints you could find about this restaurant. Maybe if one is not used to eating at a restaurant of this class you would not enjoy it and then find ot pretentious. The food was excellent. In fact some of the best I have ever had. I have eaten in some of the best restaurants around the world and I'm not saying this is in that class but it is close and easily the best in Disney World. Service was perfect. Timing great, not rushed but not 2hrs either. Server was personable enough to make us feel like he cared about us but wasn't annoying. Can't stand the tell my table my life story server or worse the ask you about your life story server. For appetizers I had the mussels and my wife had the crab cakes. Mussels were fine but the crab cakes easily the best I have ever had. For the main course I had the steak and potato wrapped snapper combo as did my wife. My steak a perfect medium rare and hers a perfect medium well. Fish was tender, moist and flavorful. Desserts were good as well however I couldn't eat much because I was too full at that point. All around great experience. Only negative is that you need to walk through the adjacent iced cream parlor to use the restroom but they are nice restrooms.