“Nice evening but a bit disappointing”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Ranked #87 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Nice evening but a bit disappointing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

This was our one night out without the kids so we'd have had a good time anywhere! However there are lots of good things here. We really liked the boardwalk location. It has a lovely holiday feel and I'd definitely recommend a visit.
The menu looked fab. Seafood and a few Asian inspirations. However while it was all perfectly fine the dishes just didn't quite wow as we'd hoped. The signature red snapper main is lovely but very heavy and we just had too much. Scallops in the risotto were perfectly cooked but the risotto was a bit. Land and a little undercooked.
Tuna tartare with sushi rolls was again just a little bland.
The place was a bit pricey but not obscene. Very good device and I'd definitely say its worth a dinner before going to jellyrolls piano bar which really made our night!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Gooldie

Blue Springs, Missouri
“Amazing Service and The Best Steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

My family of five visited "Flying Fish Cafe" during our most recent WDW trip and we left the restaurant raving about the food and the service.

My wife enjoyed the red snapper, while I dined on the entree duo of Char-Crusted Angus NY Strip and Snapper. The steak may be the best I have ever eaten. It was cooked perfectly and the char crust was unreal. After the first bite, I was hooked and to this day, my mouth waters when thinking about the dish.

However, the highlight of the meal was the service we were afforded by Tim. A couple of examples: After ordering the crab cake and salad for an appetizer (my wife ordered the artisanal cheese), my wife jokingly expressed her disappointment in not getting a bite of my crab cake. Tim overheard the comment and returned to the table with a crab cake for her to enjoy, unrequested. Also, for dessert, my kids requested the "Mickey's Chocolate Puzzle," which is an actual puzzle to put together. Tim was nice enough to sit down with my family and help them put the puzzle together! Tim went above and beyond and may be the best server we have experienced.

Will definitely return!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank KCL78
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Dinner at the Flying Fish Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife, daughter and myself had a great dinner and experience at the Flying Fish. Our server, Bob, was excellent. He went so far as to insist our daughter eat a little more of her dinner before he would bring her desert.
The food was excellent. I recommend the Red Snapper.

• Visited August 2014
“One of the best Disney Restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure what complaints you could find about this restaurant. Maybe if one is not used to eating at a restaurant of this class you would not enjoy it and then find ot pretentious. The food was excellent. In fact some of the best I have ever had. I have eaten in some of the best restaurants around the world and I'm not saying this is in that class but it is close and easily the best in Disney World. Service was perfect. Timing great, not rushed but not 2hrs either. Server was personable enough to make us feel like he cared about us but wasn't annoying. Can't stand the tell my table my life story server or worse the ask you about your life story server. For appetizers I had the mussels and my wife had the crab cakes. Mussels were fine but the crab cakes easily the best I have ever had. For the main course I had the steak and potato wrapped snapper combo as did my wife. My steak a perfect medium rare and hers a perfect medium well. Fish was tender, moist and flavorful. Desserts were good as well however I couldn't eat much because I was too full at that point. All around great experience. Only negative is that you need to walk through the adjacent iced cream parlor to use the restroom but they are nice restrooms.

Dorking, United Kingdom
“Pretentious Expensive rubbish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Sorry but I have nothing good to say about this.

The place is tired and, where we sat anyway, quite bleak. Service is so over the top it's wearing. The menu is a joke. Full of four line descriptions to describe various exciting flavour combinations, which was helpful because the food was largely tasteless.

Soup, beet salad were ok but had too many unnecessary ingredients. Mains were worse. The lowlight being a beautiful piece of rare tuna in a bowl of grey mushroomy gloop and undistinguishable raw vegetables. It was supposed to be an Asian dish but it was disgusting.

Dessert promised much with a description of an "ice box" which even our server couldn't identify. In fact it was a tasteless blob of school home economics level cheesecake with a peanut brittle stuck in it.

Don't be tempted unless you have money and time to waste.

Visited August 2014