“Definitely sit at the bar ( if they let you)”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Ranked #87 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Definitely sit at the bar ( if they let you)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had a reservation, but the concierge said they didn't reserve the bar and I could probably go early and just get a seat there. Upon arrival, hostess told me the seats at the bar were reserved, but come back in a half hour and they might be able to seat me. I did. There were people at the bar not eating but just waiting for a table. I asked what the whole bar being reserved about business was and still don't get it. Said I rather just sit at the bar to dine. As some people we're getting up to go there table, we headed over. At the same time, my table was ready. I told the hostess I was just going to eat the bar. Unbelievably, she made me wait.

Most screwed up front of the house I have ever seen. Still don't understand the policy. Once seated at the bar, dinner was wonderful. Lorna was an excellent barmaid and an excellent server, and made great suggestions about the menu in a way I have never experienced at a table.

Seaford, New York
“Not worth the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have eaten at the Flying Fish Cafe a few times. This time.. really nothing memorable.. food wasn't bad.. just no WOW factor. and for the price.. should be memorable. My daughters steak, slightly overcooked & tough to cut.. Tuna & Red Snapper.. good.. but nothing special. Service was GREAT!! but really not worth the money.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Caryl A
themishmans
“We used to love this place - not anymore”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Boy has this place gone downhill. It was always expensive, but we always felt we got exceptional service and food for the money. Not anymore. The service was still pretty good, but the food was just mediocre, not horrible, but for the ridiculous prices, it should have been special, not red lobster worthy.

2 Thank themishmans
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Our waiter, Bob, made this meal one of the best parts of our most recent Disney trip. He engaged our young son and provided great service without being stuffy. We had the vegetarian sushi roll appetizer. Perfect. Then I had the little ear pasta, but made vegetarian. Most delicious pasta dish I have ever eaten. Fresh veggies in pesto sauce. All high quality and just executed perfectly. My husband had the scallops, which were good, but he said he actually preferred my dish. For dessert we split the bread pudding. Very good as well.

The decor is delightful. I found prices surprisingly acceptable for the quality of food and level of service. We paid nearly as much for a totally unremarkable meal at Hollywood Studios.

As mentioned, our waiter was exceptional. When he noticed our son getting slightly restless he gave him a job of watching for people out the window and waving as they went by. Then he gave him a special light up ice cube as his reward. He even brought two for our son to share with his new friends at the table next door. So sweet. Now my son says he wishes we could go see Bob every day.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Cityhorsegirl
Hartford
“Fabulous Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Had a fabulous birthday dinner at the Flying Fish. The meal was excellent, the service was impeccable. One of the best meals we have had at Disney.

1 Thank Lisa C