“Good Restaurant But Did NOT Live Up to the Recommendations”
Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Ranked #84 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We upgraded to the Deluxe Dining Plan this year and tried as many of the top Disney restaurants as we could. Our family unanimously voted the Flying Fish as our 3rd choice. It was not the best meal we've ever had in a restaraunt, but it was certainly a very good meal. We had the combined NY strip and potato wrapped snapper. My wife said her steak was sublime, while mine was full of fat and not well trimmed at all. So, between the two steaks, they were slightly above average. The fish was excellent. The cheese appetizers were a real treat but the rock schrimp appetizer were tiny and mostly batter. Get the cheese but forget the shrimp. Desert was chocolate cake (it was decent) and a variety of sorbets and fruit. The sorbets were excellent and I wouldn't waste my money or calories on the cake next time. Pretty good beer and wine selection, but not over the top like at the California Grill. The menu choices were above average, but certainly not exceptional. Decent wait staff, but not very sophisticated. Biggest negative is probably the pricing and the lack of wait staff sophistication. Even with the Deluxe Dining Plan, we spent $75 for one round of drinks and wait staff tip. Nonetheless, we recommend that your treat yourself to this dining experience while you are at Disney. It's a great memory to take home with you, even at the elevated price points.

4  Thank Discernment_101
There are newer reviews for Flying Fish

Reviewed January 26, 2014

After making many trips to WDW we finally decided to try The Flying Fish Café at the Boardwalk. The atmosphere was friendly and our waiter was amazing- made us feel very welcome, at the beginning of our trip the youngest in our party (5) was a little grumpy and our waiter cheered him up. My dad had a peach martini- the best one he has ever had. I ordered their signature potato wrapped red snapper, and I couldn't get enough -it was delicious- perfectly cooked, and a great wine pairing too! Each one of us enjoyed our meals not one complaint. It was such an enjoyable beginning to a great trip- would recommend to everyone and will definitely return next time! Forgive me for not remembering our waiters name -we think it was Ricardo or Rinaldo- Excellent service!

3  Thank pickflic
Reviewed January 25, 2014

For some reason we have put off eating at the Flying Fish Cafe (on the Boardwalk), for many years. Finally, on the last night of our January '14 trip to WDW we took a last minute reservation. Goodness, but what we have been missing over the years! From the outside the place looks ordinary but once inside the elegance and welcoming atmosphere comes into its own. The menu is varied and imaginative in its maritime scope (although there were a couple of non-seafood choices the night we went), and all five of our party attested to the quality of the food served up to us. The waiter was friendly, amusing and patient; we could not have asked for more. After so many years of 'nearly' booking a table at the FFC we are certain to return.

1  Thank 52Asher
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The food here is good and its a nice atmosphere, but we thought it was a bit pricy for what you get. The waiter was very formal, but also very good.Its located on the Boardwalk, so there are lots of things to see and do before and after your meal.

2  Thank AtlantictoPacific
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I like the Flying Fish and will certainly go back, but this time it was just OK. A nice thing was that my wife has a shellfish allergy and the chef came out and just created a dish for her with a tilefish that was prepared differntly on the menu. My tuna was nice, but must have sat for a while after being cooked rare bcause it was awfully cold.

My guess is that sometimes at the Disney restaurants, becauuse the size and volune they do, some meals just aren't up to what I usually expect when paying these prices. That said, I still like the place. Next time I'll yry sitting at the bar.

2  Thank thunderbird0609