“Good food once you get past the location”
Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Ranked #90 of 3,792 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food once you get past the location”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I know you're on the Boardwalk near Epcot, but it still kind of takes away from a dinner when kids are drinking out of sippy cups next to you. Went here with my wife after leaving our son with a babysitter at the hotel.
Food was good as most reviews state. Fish was fresh and well presented by knowledgable server. Only complaint was the crab cake wasn't very good at all - I always get one and this was on the low end of the scale for $15 or so. The wine list was good for my wife and martinis were well prepared.
If you go in knowing that you will still be around kids (even if yours are being watching at the hotel by someone else) then you will enjoy yourself.

Carmel, Indiana
“Best Restaurant in the Epcot resort area”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Seriously this is the best one. Now if you have young and/or picky eaters in your party - this is not the place for you. But if you are a seafood lover and appreciate different styles of presentation then you must try this. I know it is a seafood place, but the vegetarian sushi roll was to die for. I could have gone back the next night for it again!

Fairview, New Jersey
“A little rushed .....”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Tough review to write because after a week of deluxe dining in all signature restaurants I'm a tough critic. We had reservations 180 before with 2 families and were seated 20 minutes late . Our waiter was seemingly nice but we started feeling rushed when appetizers were barely eaten and dinner was arriving . Menu was great - we loved the tuna tartar appetizer . Dinners were aberage to very good , I had the signature snapper and found it bland Bit the ny strip was great. My four year old stated that his fish sticks "had no flavor" and I agreed . Cocktails were fabulous and wine list was extensive with the most wine flights I've seen at any Disney location. I'd go back for cocktails and appetizers but honestly liked kouzzina next door better in terms of flavor and service .

uk
“If I could give this more than 5 stars I would!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Dined here solo yesterday. It was a fairly last minute decision, so made a reservation for earliest I could which was 6.15pm, but turned up at opening (5.30pm) and asked to make a change. No problem that was sorted. Was dining solo and received great courtesy, and given a small perfect table.
Now the service. My server not only tended to my needs with great friendliness and efficiency he gave me great advice which stopped me adding a side to my entree which would have not only been completely wasted, but would have made the dish far too rich. The manager was checking that each and every diner was enjoying their meal, and as he passed me he even knew what I had ordered. I also saw him personally taking food to a table when the servers were all busy. That is the mark of a great manager.
Now the food. I didn't want an appetiser as I knew that I didn't want an appetiser as I wanted a desert, so I just ate some of the bread. This was amazing. It was sourdough, but had potatoes and onions baked into it. For my entree I ordered the potato wrapped snapper with a veal reduction which was resting on a bed of leeks. I cannot say enough good things about this. It was completely stunning. Every flavour complemented each other, and I cannot wait to go back and taste this delight again. Sadly I'm leaving the area tomorrow and won't be back until February, but it's my number one to do as soon as I get back. With this I drank a couple of glasses of sauvignon blanc. I ended the meal with a banana napolean desert which was also beautiful. It managed to be both flavourful but delicate.
The meal wasn't cheap being $80 with tip for one person, but I have eaten in every signature dining experience that Disney offers even including Victoria and Alberts and I can honestly say that this has become my number one dining experience. I'm not a fussy eater, but I am picky about what I expect from a high end meal in its entirety from the quality of food to the service I receive, and this met every expectation. Well done Flying Fish! I will be back and encourage others to go too!

1 Thank carolynu
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Quick evening meal”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

despite being popular and busy 2 of us got a table quickly. Food was fine- not as wide a choice of fish as i hoped, however. My squid needed some lemon to spice it up, the Sushi rolls were waaay too big for one mouthful or to eat with chopsticks, and when broken fell apart. Service was patchy once they knew we only wanted 2 starters each (not much tip coming their way).

Visited August 2013