“Fantastic dinner!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner here and sat at the counter in front of the open stage kitchen. Service was top notch from the time I was seated until i left. I enjoyed conversing with the chefs as I dined. Head chef de Cuisine Timothy wished me happy birthday. He also frequented the dining room. I had the crabcake/ceasar salad app, NY strip/potato wrapped snapper duo entree, and banana napoleon for dessert. The steak was cooked medium rare as ordered and was honestly the best steak i have ever had. The entire meal was presented and plated beautifully, and the flavors were amazing. Definately recommend!

There are newer reviews for Flying Fish

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a good restaurant, but, in my opinion, not worth using 2 of Disney Dining Plan table service meals. We visited with our kids, ages 8 and 11. My husband and older daughter ordered the salmon. They said it was tasty but the portion was quite small. I had a caesar salad which was okay - nothing great. The calamari appetizer was very good. My dinner was the duo of steak and potato wrapped red snapper. The steak was excellent and I also enjoyed the fish. The dessert was actually the highlight of the meal. All in all, it is a good restaurant but hard to justify 2 table service meals on this - particularly when another of our favorite choices, Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, is only 1 table service meal.

1  Thank PearlieGirl
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We come to Flying Fish each time we come to Disney. This time, sat at the bar overlooking the open kitchen - which was awesome. We watched our steak and fish as it was cooked, and the chefs/cooks were so interested in what we thought...and even sent us a taste of risotto they were making. The steak is outstanding, blackened with a crust of subtle spices. Several other fish dishes (we shared the potato-crusted snapper. Nice wine list. Great, friendly service - and on the Boardwalk, so you are near Epcot, and Boardwalk's other entertainment. If you are going to swing for one fancy meal during your Disney stay, this would be in the top 3 or 4 choices...

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Was staying at the Yacht Club for a conference and decided to take a chance on the Flying Fish. Had been to Roy's in Orlando earlier in the week and had already had some great food and was not entertaining the thought that the Flying Fish would top it. Way wrong. Was actually even better than the dinner we had at Roy's in Kauai! Have eaten at a lot of restaurants arFound the world and the dinner we had rates right up there with the best. Had spent considerable time reading the reviews on several sites and understood that there have been some poor experiences. Not our experience or that of any of the guests sitting around us. All were in some sort of heavenly state after the first bites of their orders. We took more time than needed to decide on the Red Snapper wrapped in thinly sliced potatoes and leeks and Surf-Surf (the special of the night) that was Cobia from the Port Canaveral Florida Coast with Fresh Shrimp and root veggies. Oh, man! The Red Snapper dish is off the map. Some reviewers may have hit a bad night; however, ours was one of the best - the sauce was amazing! The first bites were perfectly cooked, flaky whitefish with a perfect coating of potatoes. My words aren't doing it justice. The night's Surf-Surf special ran a close second. The individual next to us ordered pork (a rib?) and the house mac and cheese. It looked so amazing that I almost changed my order. We also ordered a side of the mac and cheese and it was really a wonderful new surprise - try it, you'll like it. The chef sent a tasting of a cauliflower - butternut squash soup with a little flavored oil on top and a shrimp. It was glorious! We wanted to have dessert, but had no room left. Oh, the bread, which some have had an issue with wash excellent and the butter that came with it was straight butter. Not sure what others were eating.... Wish we had tried it earlier in the week - would have like to have gone again. We had bread, the Chef's tasting (free), tea, two amazing entrees for around $90. It was well worth it and we're middle class folks that don't have a lot of money to throw around. The Flying Fish is not to be missed and we hope that you have the experience that we did! Oh... we sat at the counter overlooking the Chef's cooking - great fun!

3  Thank HaweyeNationMN
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Four of us enjoyed our dinner at the Flying Fish. Tuna was fresh and just ever so lightly seared. The seafood pasta with scallops, calamari, shrimp etc was very tastey. Our waiter was very helpful, cheerful and introduced us to the head chef. The Flying Fish has an "open kitchen" and you can watch the chefs hard at work preparing the food. The head chef gave us a little closer view and we could see just how immaculate the entire kitchen was and you could see how hard everyone was working. Great fun and great food. One note, it is a little loud, so if you're looking for a quiet dinner , maybe ask for a table off in the corner.