“Sweet Potato Chips - YUMMMMMY!”

Dexter's Thorton Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Dexter's Thorton Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #753 of 3,883 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Summerlin
Description: Four locations conveniently located in Winter Park, Windermere, Thornton Park, and Lake Mary. Since 1984 Dexter's chefs have used only the freshest and locally sourced ingredients to prepare our creative cuisine. For wine enthusiasts you'll find our selection of wines from around the world to be extensive and very reasonably priced.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times when vacationing in Florida, and I have never had a bad experience. The homemade sweet potato chips are fabulous. I can make a meal out of them and a drink. The facility is clean, the staff are friendly and the food is awesome. Recently, I tried the Rustic Cast Iron Skillet Salad. It was a wonderful, and interesting dish. I would highly recommend it. Dexter's is truely a great place with a great atmosphere.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We ate here for brunch on a recent vacation to Orlando. We made a reservation the week before and learned that they only take reservations for brunch between 10-11 am. You can book reservations through Open Table, but if you don't find what you want I would give them a call. The guy who took the reservation asked if we had a preference for inside or outside. We said outside, but learned when we arrived that the patio seating is first-come-first-serve. Not sure why there was confusion. They were packed, so we opted for our reserved inside table.

We ate from the brunch menu and it was delicious. I had the steak and eggs with potato cakes and my husband had the mahi with jalapeño grits. We both had a Bloody Mary and I have to agree with other reviewers that I didn't find them to be much more than average.

Our service was good, especially for as busy as they were. We would definitely go again. This was a recommendation from a friend that has been to several of the other locations, but said that Thornton Park was the best. It's in a fun little neighborhood.

The only downside for me was that is was very loud inside and that detracted from the atmosphere.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Our first visit for brunch to the downtown location. We were definitely not disappointed and it was great to be able to bring the dog and sit out front. Would recommend reservations if you can. Quite enjoyed the menu selection and the food was great.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Interesting menu and nice atmosphere for a reasonable price. I slightly prefer the Winter Park location.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

After years of going to Dexter's I can tell you that they continue to improve. Just when I think I have had the best meal I will have there, it gets better. Call me a stick in the mud but for me, besides having the best burger in Orlando, I ALWAYS get whatever the special is that day.

Do be sure and hit the wine list. Adrian and Dexter hand pick the best wine values you will explore anywhere! Awesome place to dine with family and friends!