“Great character experience. Perfect if it gets you into Magic Kingdom early.”
Review of The Crystal Palace

The Crystal Palace
Ranked #320 of 4,060 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Crystal Palace Restaurant at Magic Kingdom Theme Park serves a buffet of American cuisine at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy this Buffet with Character!Step into The Hundred Acre Wood as you enter this whimsical restaurant for a willy nilly delicious good time. Marvel at the colorful Character topiary of Winnie the Pooh and his friends Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger. The light and airy ambiance fits the upbeat blustery mood, surrounded by Victorian elegance.Live On-Stage Kitchen at The Crystal PalaceWatch The Crystal Palace come to life with the sights and smells of the day's offerings as chefs prepare your fare in the live on-stage kitchen.The breakfast buffet includes traditional favorites such as omelets, cereals, freshly baked pastries, fresh fruit, breakfast pizza and cheddar cheese potatoes.The buffet abounds with American favorites like carved flank steak for lunch and sirloin for dinner, rotisserie chicken and Atlantic salmon, along with dishes that have a delicious hint of curry, cinnamon, mango and papaya. Desserts tempt you with a variety of sweet delights.Kid's Buffet at The Crystal PalaceNail on your tail and get over to ""Pooh Corner,"" The Crystal Palace's separate buffet just for kids! Little ones can fill their plates with fried chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and pizza.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our son loved our breakfast here so much that I scrambled to get us another breakfast reservation for our second day at Magic Kingdom. We did this on the Disney Dining Plan, so it didn't feel pricey at all. They have a typical breakfast selection, and I love the traditional Mickey-shaped waffles. Best thing about here was the strawberry sauce for the pancakes and waffles (I didn't see the sauce at any other breakfast buffets we had), their decaf coffee (I'm picky about my coffee and this did more than pass muster -- it was delicious!), and the characters. I also had the best servers here of all my Disney meals on this trip; they just seemed friendlier and more helpful here than at some of the other places we ate at, though pretty much everyone at WDW tried to be friendly and helpful. Our first server was so on the ball, offering us things right when we needed them (without us asking), giving us helpful hints and ideas, telling us exactly when each character was coming over, smiling, etc. -- she was bar none the best server we had on this trip. The server on our second visit was nice, but didn't have any tips for us, didn't offer us any juice, which is pretty much unlimited and part of the buffet, and had to be chased down for things.
The characters seemed a little rushed here, very quick to move on to the next table, but I supposed that if I were at the next table, I wouldn't want to wait too long. LOL
On our first visit, we had a 805a reservation, and though it took a little while to get into CP, our meal moved quickly and the characters came through quickly. We got out to the park at about 930a.
On our second visit, we had an 835a reservation, and though we get into CP quickly, the characters were slow to visit and we almost didn't get through all of them. We got out of there closer to 1015a, almost 1030a. Curiously, it was also super-crowded on Main Street already (looked like several backstage tours), which made it rather difficult to make our way to CP on our second visit. I am surprised that 30 minutes would make such a difference, even before the park was open, but I think it does.
Overall, if you can get a reservation at 820a or earlier on a day the park opens at 9a, I would come both to see the characters and to get to walk down Main Street without the massive crowds. This isn't a place to come as a dining destination, and I would imagine you'd want to eat somewhere faster for lunch, and nicer for dinner -- but since I didn't try their lunch or dinner buffets, I can't say 100%.

3  Thank dvf_diva
Write a ReviewReviews (4,530)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Best meal we had at Disneyworld as well as food/quantity/experience for the price...girls loved meeting Pooh & Friends..pleasantly surprised with buffet offerings...had no reservation but only had to wait about 30 minutes for lunch granted we did visit during Feb (lower crowd time)...definitely recommend if visiting Disneyworld.

1  Thank Sabrina N
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We only went for the opportunity to have a sit down dinner with characters. The characters visiting the tables (piglet! eeyore! tigger! pooh!) were cute as can be and dinner was lovely. The buffet was plentiful with loads of good choices. The couscous was my favorite.

1  Thank ebeckartist
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The buffet with the Pooh characters at dinner was very good too and the kids were even interested when the characters dropped by. It was raining by late afternoon so we were looking forward to our Character Buffet dinner inside the Crystal Palace. My children are a little too old for Winnie the Pooh and friends, but when the characters stopped by our table they were delighted to see them and take a picture. The buffet reminded us a lot of the buffet at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. They have a kids buffet with kids food (I grabbed some sweet potatoes there) and then a cold salad buffet then hot food (meat carving and assorted entrees). And of course a dessert buffet. The table server ordered and served drinks. She offered us coffee at the end of the meal on top of our lemonade and we enjoyed that (still a little cold from the wet rain). Back to the food. I never made it back to the main course buffet. I went back for more from the cold salads- The cous cous and Italian Anti pasta were good. I really enjoyed the cold penne salad. My husband had the warm food, but he also mentioned that he enjoyed the cold bar as well. Desserts were rich and plentiful. We left satisfied and happy with the experience.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family and I visited the Magic Kingdom during a busy day around New Years. My parents were so excited about the brunch buffet at the Crystal Palace because they had read so many great reviews and heard so many good things. Well, it was ok. Our reservation at the Crystal Palace was one of the few that was actually close to getting us in on time. The inside is stunning and the service was very good. The food though, like any mass produced meal, was just ok. There were lots of options from your traditional eggs and bacon breakfast foods to sweet pastries and french toast. Honestly, not a bad meal, but not something I would ever pay that much money for outside of a Disney resort. It felt like we were paying for the option, but you get that kind of variety for free at many hotels so I didn't feel that it was worth the more than $20 per person we payed. The best part was the experience. We were greeted by Pooh Bear and his friends which was cute. All in all, I would go back, but not if I was paying for myself.

1  Thank Emory L