“Nice place for lunch at MK”
Review of The Crystal Palace

The Crystal Palace
Ranked #163 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Crystal Palace Restaurant at Magic Kingdom Theme Park serves a buffet of American cuisine at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy this Buffet with Character!Step into The Hundred Acre Wood as you enter this whimsical restaurant for a willy nilly delicious good time. Marvel at the colorful Character topiary of Winnie the Pooh and his friends Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger. The light and airy ambiance fits the upbeat blustery mood, surrounded by Victorian elegance.Live On-Stage Kitchen at The Crystal PalaceWatch The Crystal Palace come to life with the sights and smells of the day's offerings as chefs prepare your fare in the live on-stage kitchen.The breakfast buffet includes traditional favorites such as omelets, cereals, freshly baked pastries, fresh fruit, breakfast pizza and cheddar cheese potatoes.The buffet abounds with American favorites like carved flank steak for lunch and sirloin for dinner, rotisserie chicken and Atlantic salmon, along with dishes that have a delicious hint of curry, cinnamon, mango and papaya. Desserts tempt you with a variety of sweet delights.Kid's Buffet at The Crystal PalaceNail on your tail and get over to ""Pooh Corner,"" The Crystal Palace's separate buffet just for kids! Little ones can fill their plates with fried chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and pizza.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our family of three (myself, wife and 2 year old son) enjoyed lunch at the Crystal Palace on a Thursday at the Magic Kingdom. I made reservations about one month out and after checking in we waited about fifteen minutes to be seated. This appeared to be a popular stop and gathering place for people with or without reservations. After we were seated the characters arrived at our table after about ten minutes. The unfortunate part of this was that my wife was in line at the buffet when the characters arrived. This was after our server told us we had plenty of time before the characters would come over. My son participated in the photo op with each character and that was pretty much the last time we saw them. The Crystal Palace was busy and somewhat crowded, but you get used to this quickly when you arrive at Disney. I thought the food was above average for quality and selection for a theme park. I had no problem with the price of the meal. This is Disney and I knew what to expect when I made my reservation.

1  Thank OmahaMike

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Lunch at Crystal Palace has become a must for us when we go to Disney. The food selections are well prepared and there is great variety. The carving station meat is particularly tasty. After a busy morning touring the park it is a great place to fill up. The characters are great and it saves having to wait in line at the Park to meet Pooh and company. Deserts are great with many options.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had an 8:05 reservation for breakfast it was a bonus to be able to enter the magic kingdom before it was open. The crystal palace is an open airy restaurant and a nice place to have breakfast on a sunny morning. The food was really good there is an omelet station which gets crowded quickly I suggest if you want one to go there first. There is all the usual breakfast food pancakes bacon fruit etc all fresh and tasty. The characters were great took their time with the kids and even the adults. I would recommend this place for an enjoyable character breakfast with or without kids especially if you get a pre park opening reservation.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I LOVED the Crystal Palace. We had an early morning reservation here so that we could get into the Magic Kingdom before it opened and take pictures - well worth it by the way.

I read some reviews that said the food is sub-par, but I didn't not feel that way at all! Yes, it's a buffet, but they have so many people going through there, all the food is hot and fresh - at least that was my experience. The pancakes were DELICIOUS! The puffed french toast was also amazing - my only regret is that I could only have two bites because I had already filled up. There was lots to choose from, and a chef making custom omelettes and Mickey pancakes. I wanted to get some Mickey pancakes but I didn't feel like waiting in line, so I just got standard round pancakes, which we amazing! Some of the best pancakes ever.

The characters all came around to see us (even though we were just two adults, they still come around to see everyone which is nice!). It didn't take that long to see them all, only about 45 minutes for all four to come around. We were even there when they started making a second round and Piglet and Tigger both came to our table again and I had to tell them we had already seen them (I didn't want to hog them when there was kids waiting!!). Tigger blew me a kiss the second time, it was just so cute.

Also, our server was very friendly, the restaurant was clean and beautiful.

All in all we had a great time. I'd worried about feeling weird being an adult couple (in our 20's, so maybe to some we are still kids!!) but it was so amazing. I know it's pretty expensive (we were on a dining plan) but if you can afford it, I would highly recommend going!

1  Thank melissarose88
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable time as a family at Crystal Palace! The buffet was great! We had delicious mashed potatoes, greens, London Broil, Mac and cheese...delicious desserts! The Pooh characters make their rounds to each table. This was a lot less threatening to my 3 year old who ended up liking giving them hugs and taking pics by the time we were finished! It sure beat waiting in line in the heat for each character! Can't wait to go again!