“Returned specifically for the lamb chops”

Charley's Steak House
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Charley’s Steak House is named after Talk of the Town Restaurant Group’s founder and Red Lobster’s co-founder, Charley Woodsby. Since its inception, Charley’s Steak House has prided itself on being a traditional steakhouse and creating a unique dining experience unsurpassed in the hospitality industry. After selling Red Lobster to General Mills in 1970, Charley and his son Ron Woodsby developed Talk of the Town Restaurants – the corporate parent to Charley’s Steak House. Over the years the Woodsby’s have become “beef aficionados” with a steadfast formula for success: feature only USDA Prime & Choice beef, age on-site for 4 to 6 weeks, and have management cut meat daily and season for 30 hours to create distinctive flavor. The steak is then flame-grilled over a 1200° open pit, fueled with a combination of Florida citrus & oak wood. This carefully monitored process provides for quality, tenderness and a tantalizing taste that elevates Charley’s to the ultimate steakhouse experience.
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Steaks are good but we found the lamb chops to be exceptional. Would have liked other options instead of mint sauce but didn't really need anything extra either. Wine list is nice by the bottle but by the glass is sorely missing good reds from Chile, Argentina, Spain, etc.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (3,090)

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

Last week I had the pleasure of dining at Charley's. I live in Orlando and typically steer clear of the touristy areas. My husband surprised me with dinner at Charley's. The food was amazing. From the crab bisque to the 20 ounce filet. Everything melted in my mouth. The atmosphere was quiet and romantic, but we were surprised to see so many families vacationing and enjoying themselves as well. Charley's didn't feel stuffy and pretentious either. It was definitely a step above Ruth's Chris or Flemmings. Our wait staff ( and I say staff because we had a team serving us) saw to our every need. Someone was always available to refill a drink or clear a dish. David Cross and Jane were amazing. The best part was when we returned home and put the leftovers in the fridge, I discovered some take-home brownies had been placed in our bag as an added treat! I highly recommend Charley's to anyone wanting the best dining Orlando has to offer. If you go, I recommend making a reservation and requesting David or Jane.

Date of visit: September 2016
Michael V, General Manager at Charley's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your review! Our staff takes great pride in knowing they provided an excellent experience for you and your husband. I will also make certain to recognize David and Jane for the level of service they provided to both of you. If I can ever be of assistance please feel free to reach out to me at the information below.

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

Got a recommendation to go to this place for the best steak I'll ever had. The place is nice and service was great but the price of the food did not match the taste... Honestly have had way better for alot cheaper.

Date of visit: September 2016

Travis,

I apologize that your experience did not meet or exceed your expectations. I would love the opportunity to speak in greater detail about you visit. If you wouldn't mind reaching out via one of the methods below it would be greatly appreciated.

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

Charley's Steak House was a short distance from our hotel, so after a day of theme parks we decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner. I called the restaurant and made a booking for that evening with Owen, then booked a ride with our hotel concierge. The concierge informed us that there was no booking at the restaurant when he called to check, but they would try to accommodate us.

When arriving for our 7.30pm table we were told the table was being turned around so we decided to wait at the bar and get a drink. We ordered a bottle of Perrier Jouet as the holiday was our honeymoon. It took a long time for the bottle to be served and then it wasn't as cold as it should have been. After we received our drinks and had been waiting at the bar for half an hour we checked on our table, it was just ready so we asked to be seated.

Our waitress was delightful and completely turned our evening around. She was chatty, friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Once you get your table the service is faultless. This was the highlight of our meal.

We all enjoyed our meals, the steaks are good and were cooked as ordered. My only criticism is the size of the meals, they are huge and can feel overwhelming. You can get the leftovers boxed to go but when you are on holiday you are not realistically going to eat the excess. We felt really bad throwing away the leftovers.

If we go back to the area I would go back and try again. I think the hiccups at the beginning tainted our experience.

Date of visit: August 2016

Charley,

I apologize that your visit did not meet or exceed your expectations. I believe, based on the information provided, that you may have dined at our Celebration location as this is the I-Drive locations page. Never the less I will forward your review to the team at the Celebration location. My information is listed below, if you would be so kind to send me an email with your contact information we can look into what happened as soon as possible. If I can ever be of assistance please feel free to reach out to me at the information below.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

Always good quality food. Amazing steaks and good service. The Tampa location is also excellent if travelling that way. Well worth a visit if you have teenage kids.

Date of visit: October 2015