“Upscale Dining with Superior Service!”

Charley's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 4,084 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Charley's Steak House has created a unique dining experience unsurpassed in the industry. The restaurant's namesake, Charley Woodsby, co-founder of the Red Lobster chain, was honored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association with the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006. After selling Red Lobster to General Mills in 1970, Charley and his son Ron Woodsby developed Talk of the Town Restaurants - the corporate parent to Charley's Steak House. Over the years the Woodsby's have become "beef aficionados" with a steadfast formula for success: feature only Midwest grain-fed USDA Prime & Choice beef, age on-site for 4 to 6 weeks, and have management cut meat daily and season for 30 hours to create distinctive flavor. The steak is then flame-grilled over a 1200° open pit, fueled with a combination of Florida citrus & oak wood. This carefully monitored process provides for quality, tenderness and a tantalizing taste that elevates Charley's to the ultimate steakhouse experience. Since its inception, Charley's Steak House has prided itself on being a traditional steakhouse. But with the rise in number of savvy diners came the need to evolve the definition of 'steakhouse'. Instituting a corporate chef and placing managing chefs at each location, Charley's has advanced into a traditional steakhouse with culinary flair featuring chef-driven appetizers and entrees as well as established menu items.
Reviewed August 29, 2014

My son and I chose to dine here after sampling this venues Lobster Mac & Cheese at a local charity event. Was spectacular. We arrived on a Friday evening around 6:30, with no reservations. We were greeted promptly and only waited a few minutes for a table to be ready. Reservations are accepted and likely appreciated at this upscale establishment. Our server, Ivan, appeared shortly with menus and wine list. He brought fresh water and took drink orders. We were told he would be back to do a "steak presentation"! What? We were given time to look over the menu and We were both undecided. I am not much of a beef eater and never order steak, just not my thing. There were several other items on the menu of interest. We thoroughly enjoyed the "presentation" and learned a few things, as we are not big beef eaters. My son was sold on the bison steak. This was a $55 cut. Not outrageous, for this type of restaurant, just way more than we are used to spending. I ended up going with the boring grilled chicken at $16, but added the colossal stuffed shrimp for $8.50. We also added two sides. Lobster Mac & Cheese at $14.50 (this is what brought us here), and fried green tomatoes. All entrees are served with house salad, choice of Italian Vinagrette or Housemade buttermilk ranch. We both chose ranch. We were served a basket of bread that was fabulous. The salads were, umm, a bit weird. They were topped with a bunch of chopped green olives. Great if you are a green olive fan, only! This was not a concern as we knew we had plenty of food coming. Food was served and looked fantastic. My chicken was just OK, cooked to perfection, very juicy but lacking flavor. I added the colossal stuffed shrimp, these were good, not excellent. I prefer more of a " breaded" seafood stuffing. These were stuffed with mostly seafood. Most people, would probably prefer this method. My son loved his Bison steak. I had a bite and was very good, although a tad gamey, for me. He finished it and loved it. The best thing on the table was the lobster mac&cheese. Creamy, cheesy and lobstery! The fried green tomatoes were also good, but we had no room for them. They were boxed up to go. We each had one slice and they were very good. I had two glasses of a very nice, house Chardonnay. My son had two Jack and coke's. I had the grilled chicken with an add on of stuffed shrimp. My son had, the very expensive, bison steak. Along with. The lobster mac & cheeses and fried green tomatoes......$146.00. Really, not bad at all. The service is upscale and extremely professional. The atmosphere is very upscale and worthy of the prices. The standouts were the lobster mac & cheese and our server, Ivan!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,720)

Reviewed August 29, 2014

it was excellent. the food was good the service was good very well explained and cooked to perfection.

Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for, best steaks ever and good service; the kids menus really good also; have I mentioned the steaks are good too! :)

Reviewed August 27, 2014

A very good steak and "over the top" service - but be aware that you pay for quality. It is possible to get a better deal for an equally good meal.... Unless you are a true conisseur !

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Thought this restaurant was both over priced & food fairly average, found my steak to be pretty tasteless. The bill was over 1200 dollars for 9 people so for Florida standards it is expensive

1  Thank Deborah S