“Good service and great food”

Charley's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Charley's Steak House has created a unique dining experience unsurpassed in the industry. The restaurant's namesake, Charley Woodsby, co-founder of the Red Lobster chain, was honored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association with the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006. After selling Red Lobster to General Mills in 1970, Charley and his son Ron Woodsby developed Talk of the Town Restaurants - the corporate parent to Charley's Steak House. Over the years the Woodsby's have become "beef aficionados" with a steadfast formula for success: feature only Midwest grain-fed USDA Prime & Choice beef, age on-site for 4 to 6 weeks, and have management cut meat daily and season for 30 hours to create distinctive flavor. The steak is then flame-grilled over a 1200° open pit, fueled with a combination of Florida citrus & oak wood. This carefully monitored process provides for quality, tenderness and a tantalizing taste that elevates Charley's to the ultimate steakhouse experience. Since its inception, Charley's Steak House has prided itself on being a traditional steakhouse. But with the rise in number of savvy diners came the need to evolve the definition of 'steakhouse'. Instituting a corporate chef and placing managing chefs at each location, Charley's has advanced into a traditional steakhouse with culinary flair featuring chef-driven appetizers and entrees as well as established menu items.
Vernon, Alabama
“Good service and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Although we did not have reservations were seated quickly. The service was great and my steak was as ordered. The timing of the meal service was excellent. The waiter was very knowledgable making our experience excellent.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, GA
“Better last time...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have been here many times, but unsure of the problem this time. My steak just wasn't what I normally expect when I go to Charley's. The service was awesome as usual and I love the fact that I can see my cut of steak beforehand. Wine selection is always stellar, but something just wasn't quite right with my steak.

Visited April 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“GREAT FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We visited this restaurant 7/2014. All I can say is the food was great. Friendly staff and great service.

• Visited July 2014
Llanidloes
“American rip off”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband looked this place up,and as a butcher he knows his steaks! We didn't make a reservation so just turned up it wasn't busy, only a few other diners, however we we asked to wait. This place is trying to be posh, and we were just in casual clothes so were seated well away from other diners. In ear shot of the staff having their own conversations. The waiter was very helpful and friendly, however the menu is very expensive, but as it was our last night we thought "what the hell". We ordered two starters to share which were nice, and all four of us had steak. Our second course was salad and warm rolls, which were okay. Three out of our four steaks were cooked to our liking however 1 was quite under cooked. The steaks tasted more of charcoal than meat, and to be honest I have eaten far nicer else where. The side dishes were nothing special either. We didn't have dessert and only two glasses of wine and a round of soft drinks which came to $239.00, grossly over priced for what you get. Very disappointed ! When we tried to pay the bill we left a $20 tip, which we thought was acceptable given we had only eaten two courses. The waiter came back holding the money at arms length asking "what do I do with this" After explaining it was a tip he didn't seem very happy about the amount we had left. I wouldn't recommend this place it's just too pricey for what you get.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Rachel B
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant on International Drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Amazing restaurant is as much as I need to say really. The steaks are beautiful, cooked to perfection. Our server Travis was friendly and very helpful. This is a must if you go to Orlando!

Visited May 2014