“meal marred only by a disappearing waiter”

Charley's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 3,790 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Charley's Steak House has created a unique dining experience unsurpassed in the industry. The restaurant's namesake, Charley Woodsby, co-founder of the Red Lobster chain, was honored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association with the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006. After selling Red Lobster to General Mills in 1970, Charley and his son Ron Woodsby developed Talk of the Town Restaurants - the corporate parent to Charley's Steak House. Over the years the Woodsby's have become "beef aficionados" with a steadfast formula for success: feature only Midwest grain-fed USDA Prime & Choice beef, age on-site for 4 to 6 weeks, and have management cut meat daily and season for 30 hours to create distinctive flavor. The steak is then flame-grilled over a 1200° open pit, fueled with a combination of Florida citrus & oak wood. This carefully monitored process provides for quality, tenderness and a tantalizing taste that elevates Charley's to the ultimate steakhouse experience. Since its inception, Charley's Steak House has prided itself on being a traditional steakhouse. But with the rise in number of savvy diners came the need to evolve the definition of 'steakhouse'. Instituting a corporate chef and placing managing chefs at each location, Charley's has advanced into a traditional steakhouse with culinary flair featuring chef-driven appetizers and entrees as well as established menu items.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
“meal marred only by a disappearing waiter”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Both of my guests said it was the best steak they ever had. The wood grilled flavor was exceptional.
Our waiter had the tendency to go missing, always to return right before we became irritated.
I would return in a heartbeat.

Visited January 2014

• Turkish first
Bermuda
“Best dinner ever!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Best food ever! N our waiter seth was awsome! Couldnt ask for better service. Will defenitly recomend to all our friends back home

“private paradise @ Charley's”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Went here with a large group. We had one of the private dining rooms and from the moment we arrived we were at the hands of one of the best wait staffs I've seen anywhere in the world! Drink service and selection was phenomenal...wine list with real depth and an incomparable bar list! I started the evening with a tumbler of Crown Royal XR and we ordered multiples of the appetizers for the tables..jumbo shrimp, calamari, and alligator were all excellent! For an entrée I had the wood fired filet mignon cooked rare and it was done perfectly with an excellent flavor. Desserts were served "homestyle" to the group with a cheesecake, a chocolate cake and....I forgot the third choice because I was too stuffed to try it! I highly recommend dinner here if you are in Orlando!

• Visited January 2014
“Exceptional food with service to Match!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to Charley's and I wish I would have dined there sooner! What a pleasant surprise. Warm and comfortable decor easily adds to the romance of the meal. Our waiter, Zack Shapiro, was well versed on all aspects of the menu; from the craft beer and signature cocktails, the appetizer selections and wow! What a terrific presentation of the steak tray. He is a great salesman. We had to try the Bison Ribeye; and I'm glad we did. It was delicious. We didn't let Zack get to offer us dessert but I'm sure if we have given him the chance we would have bought! By the way try the blue cheese fries as an app. You will love them!

Weymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

If you want a lovely venue with excellent service, gorgeous food and lovely surroundings then Charleys Steak house is the place to go. We didnt book but had to wait just 10 minutes for our table. The maitre d and waiters are all suited and booted and are very knowledgeable about the food and steaks that are on offer. We had a tray of raw steak brought to our table and a mini talk on the different cuts. Everything from the wine glasses, cutlery and dinnerware was of very good quality and you could tell that a lot of care was being taken to ensure you enjoyed the whole experience. I chose a fillet steak with salad and potatoes which didnt disappoint - the steak melted in your mouth. Prices are more expensive but definitely worth it. They also do amazing cocktails and I would recommend the Canteloupe Martini, its LUSH!

Visited January 2014