“2nd chance”

Charley's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,862 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Charley's Steak House has created a unique dining experience unsurpassed in the industry. The restaurant's namesake, Charley Woodsby, co-founder of the Red Lobster chain, was honored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association with the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006. After selling Red Lobster to General Mills in 1970, Charley and his son Ron Woodsby developed Talk of the Town Restaurants - the corporate parent to Charley's Steak House. Over the years the Woodsby's have become "beef aficionados" with a steadfast formula for success: feature only Midwest grain-fed USDA Prime & Choice beef, age on-site for 4 to 6 weeks, and have management cut meat daily and season for 30 hours to create distinctive flavor. The steak is then flame-grilled over a 1200° open pit, fueled with a combination of Florida citrus & oak wood. This carefully monitored process provides for quality, tenderness and a tantalizing taste that elevates Charley's to the ultimate steakhouse experience. Since its inception, Charley's Steak House has prided itself on being a traditional steakhouse. But with the rise in number of savvy diners came the need to evolve the definition of 'steakhouse'. Instituting a corporate chef and placing managing chefs at each location, Charley's has advanced into a traditional steakhouse with culinary flair featuring chef-driven appetizers and entrees as well as established menu items.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I ate here several years with my family and was very disappointed.
This time was different. The place was very crowded but a waiter showed us to a quiet bar table. Our waiter Kyle was great and letting him choose several bottles of wine was a great choice. I really enjoyed dinner, thank you Kyle

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I ate at Charley's during our latest trip to Orlando, the food was excellent, the service was a little slow but not too bad, we'll definitely be going back when we're next in Orlando.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

The only time I got to speak to my waiter (Sebastion) was to get my first dring and food order. I had the veal and filet minion and a cocktail. After my tiny overpriced drink was empty during my appetizer it was never refilled even though it was on the outside edge of the table for over an hour my steak was like leather and literally charcoal outside!!! My veal was drowned in a nasty cheese sauce and an inch think pool of burnt oil even though somehow it was still dry and taste like burnt oil flavored cardboard. We were not given the info speach or big production like the other tables perhaps because im only 37 and we were just a party of 2? The decor was decent the atmosphere was nice too bad the service and food were worse then mcdonalds on their worst day! Dont waste your time or money!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

An excellent place to dine. Extensive menu and wine list. We attended with a small group and were serviced quite well. Very good steak and appetizers. One of our group ordered the Tuna and he was quite pleased with it. A place I would recommend to anyone travelling on business or personal (a little expensive if on your dime). Enjoy

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Lobster bisque, smashed potatoes, Filet steak were all excellent. Service was also very good. A little pricey but worth it