“Good Steak - Tourist Level Service”

Charley's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Charley's Steak House has created a unique dining experience unsurpassed in the industry. The restaurant's namesake, Charley Woodsby, co-founder of the Red Lobster chain, was honored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association with the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006. After selling Red Lobster to General Mills in 1970, Charley and his son Ron Woodsby developed Talk of the Town Restaurants - the corporate parent to Charley's Steak House. Over the years the Woodsby's have become "beef aficionados" with a steadfast formula for success: feature only Midwest grain-fed USDA Prime & Choice beef, age on-site for 4 to 6 weeks, and have management cut meat daily and season for 30 hours to create distinctive flavor. The steak is then flame-grilled over a 1200° open pit, fueled with a combination of Florida citrus & oak wood. This carefully monitored process provides for quality, tenderness and a tantalizing taste that elevates Charley's to the ultimate steakhouse experience. Since its inception, Charley's Steak House has prided itself on being a traditional steakhouse. But with the rise in number of savvy diners came the need to evolve the definition of 'steakhouse'. Instituting a corporate chef and placing managing chefs at each location, Charley's has advanced into a traditional steakhouse with culinary flair featuring chef-driven appetizers and entrees as well as established menu items.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good Steak - Tourist Level Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had the Bison, which was well prepared. The service was uneven and inattentive for our table of 7. Restaurant is popular and was busy. The wine we requested was not available, but the sommelier offered us a superior wine at the same price (so we had 2 bottles of wine).

If you go with a group, plan on 2 to 3 hours to thoroughly enjoy the meal.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
“Best meal you will ever have”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We always go to Charleys when are in Florida. The meals we had were excelent. For those who have never been to Charleys, the waiter brings a tray with all the different cuts on it and explains the differences of each one. Even the seafood is tops, had lobster mac & chese as a side, very good. We went to the one on I Drive. Don't miss out on a great meal. Deserts are huge, take it home, you will be eating it for days.

Essex england
“Fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Went to Charleys just of the 192 yesterday for my son, Colin's, birthday, I had chicken my son and his wife had a 32 oz porterhouse steak, my boyfriend had a 14 oz filet. The porterhouse was to die for I tasted it, the filet and chicken were just as good. Our waiteress Kat was excellent and well informed on everything. All the staff were excellent and the atmosphere was very good. Would definitely go there again and highly recommend it. The food may be a bit on the pricey side but worth every penny and more.

Hollywood, Florida
“Another EXCELLENT Talk of the Town restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The steaks here are fantastic! I love their steak tartar as well. I have eaten at this restaurant numerous times and have never, not once, had what I would call even an average steak or meal...it is always top notch. When I am in Orlando, I will go out of my way to eat at one of these Talk of the Town restaurants.

Orlando, Florida, United States
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I work in the food & beverage industry and I do want to say that the quality of service was remarkable. It was my B-Day and the attention to detail that me and my wife received from our waiter (Lawrence Clark) took my celebration to another level. I was also impressed with the knowlege that the waiter had in his presentation of the beef tray. I specially like how his tone of voice dominated the room. We were WOWED!!!! From the moment we walked into the restaurant we were both very impress with the decor and the ambiance. The food was of it's highest quality to include the wine selected by our waiter Lawrence a (2008 HESS -CAB). Our overall experience was flawless.