“Soggy Nachos :(”

Cantina de San Angel
Ranked #597 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
Long Island, New York
“Soggy Nachos :(”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was very excited to stop at Cantina de San Angel for a dinner snack. We had excellent tacos here on a previous trip, but for some reason the nachos were calling my name. I wish I would have stuck to the tacos! The nachos came out soggy and covered in a greasy beefy mixture. It was not the fresh/clean type of dish I had previously.

I'm hoping that the restaurant has not gone downhill, but from here on out, I'm sticking with the tacos!

• Visited February 2013

• Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Eat here if you enjoy bad Mexican food & being harassed by birds”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Awful, simply awful - easily one of the worst counter services at Epcot and Disney!

I love the World Showcase and I love the variety of food offered in the pavilions there. That being said, Cantina is atrocious. Before my trip, I researched favorite counter service options in Epcot and this place showed up time and time again, so I put it on my must-visit list. Big mistake! I should have surveyed Yelp instead, because the sentiments here are far more accurate.
Because we had a late dinner reservation at Ohana that night, we ate a very late lunch this day (4pm). When we reached Cantina, it was fairly empty, except for the kamikaze birds dive-bombing the patio area. (According to other reports, this is usually not the case - because Mexico is the first pavilion people visit in the showcase, it's very crowded and difficult to find seating.) We ordered the chicken tacos and cheese empanadas. The girl at the counter was very friendly and helpful and smiled when I ordered everything in Spanish. So, I will give the "service" part of counter service its due. We got our food and easily found a table. That was where the pleasant part of this experience ended. We were promptly attacked by tons of birds, all desperate to get a piece of our lunch. They were relentless and annoyed us through the whole meal, despite the fact that we changed tables twice to move away from them. Most of the tables and chairs were covered in the messes they left and it was pretty gross - not the type of experience I expect at Disney, that's for sure. A cast member was trying to clean the tables, but it was a futile effort trying to keep up with the birds.There are signs everywhere telling people NOT to feed the birds, but people are stupid and feed them anyway, which is why they think harassing humans is perfectly okay. Stop feeding the birds, people! Duh!

I hoped our food would be the saving grace of this sub-par outdoor dining experience, but it was equally bad. My chicken tacos were flavorless and used stringy, low quality meat. They looked incredibly pathetic - just some sad gray chicken tossed in a stale tortilla with no topping or anything. Weak and definitely not worth the $10, that's for sure. The cheese empanada was extremely strange looking (fried and covered in shredded cheese and guacamole) and whoever heard of a cheese empanada anyway? I realize that the World Showcase is not exactly the best place to go for authentic cuisine, but even mall food court Mexican is more tasty and authentic than this garbage. Yuck!

The only good part of this experience is that as we were leaving Epcot that day, one of the cast members approached us and asked us to review our Epcot experience. Well, what do you know - one of the questions was about our dining experience and we let them know how un-Disney like it was and how disappointed we were. I sincerely hope they work on this place, because it could easily be a tasty WS option.

I would highly recommend eating at Cantina if you enjoy faux, low quality Mexican food and being harassed by birds while you try to eat your meal. There are way better options, in both the showcase and Future World, and I encourage you to try ANY of those over this place.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sailaways
NJ
“Food Good, Atmosphere Great!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Sipping a margarita along the lagoon...how wonderful! The view is spectacular , the food is ok. Service was really fast, the choices are a bit limited, but the drinks are good! Watch out for the birds....they swoop down and grab food, they also do their business on guests and their food. We actually had to go inside because of diving birds!

Visited January 2013
Newton, New Jersey
“Wonderful Mexican”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Get a margaretta and relax! Good food, kind of dark lighting in atmosphere, but the inside decor is nice, pyramid and food was great!

Visited February 2012
Arab, Alabama
“Always a good choice”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This place is pretty much your average Mexican Restaurant as far as the food goes. Though it is a THOUSAND times better then any of the restaurant in my home town! It's really good, but just not FANTASTIC! The only reasons I gave it a "Very Good" instead of an "Average" is because the setting of the place is really nice, and the churros are wonderful!

Visited April 2012