“Wish we ate here more than once”
Review of California Grill

California Grill
Ranked #50 of 3,776 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Japanese, American, Sushi
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "California Grill is a Signature Dining restaurant that serves up award-winning gourmet dinners and sweeping views atop Disney's Contemporary Resort. Venture into this vibrant and charged atmosphere and watch the creation of culinary masterpieces in the on-stage kitchen.
Makati, Philippines
“Wish we ate here more than once”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

If I had known better, I would have booked this place twice during our stay. Great food with good service. The view is fantastic and the vibe here is just electric...good fun for us all!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Culas

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Enjoyed it”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

First time was in January and second time in June. Did not know to ask for window seat. Both times food was very good. I love the tomato flatbread and goat cheese ravioli for my meal and it was plenty! First trip server was excellent! Next time was kinda eh. It's a great place for a date night. Lots of great wine choices. Husband had a roll the first trip and sashimi platter and both were good. Next time we will try for window seat.

• Visited June 2014
Rohnert Park, California
“Great food, Fireworks show and service”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Definitely a do over! Outstanding! Go here for the Magic Kingdom fireworks, they dim the lights and pipe in the story to go with the show. Very special!

Visited July 2014
Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For one time experience only”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

First, I booked a reservation two months in advance for a window seat. They told me to arrive an hour before my reservation time to help guarantee a window seat. Showed up an hour before and they told me no window seats available, so I ask why even bother making a reservation and got a no clue look from the guy.

To say that I have went there one time it was a good experiance. The food was great, the view was great, and the fireworks were awesome. However, they do not hold to there dress code. Me and my wife were celebrating our anniversary and were all dressed up, eating with people at other tables that had t-shirts, shorts and flip flops. Also, there were alot of kids, the restaurant was very noisy. I mean it is Disney but for an upscale restaurant and to charge those crazy prices, then to have kids screaming and yelling and people dresses in t-shirt and flip flops. Might s well go to Chili's or Applebees. If you want a romantic dinner with your spouse, this is NOT a place for you.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Loggo83
Helsinki, Finland
“More like a cruise ship dinner than fine dining”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I had read several reviews here on Tripadvisor describing the food as excellent. It was merely ok, like what you would expect on a cruise ship perhaps. Far from the fine dining you would get in a major city for half the price. The pork was served raw in the middle which we did not accept. The waitress only made it worse trying to explain that it was meant to be. Finally they brought a new portion.
During the fireworks, everyone got out on one of the two terraces. The restaurant was full: I had made my reservation 3 months in advance.

• Visited June 2014