“Third visit..did not disappoint.”
Review of California Grill

California Grill
Ranked #52 of 3,862 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: "California Grill is a Signature Dining restaurant that serves up award-winning gourmet dinners and sweeping views atop Disney's Contemporary Resort. Venture into this vibrant and charged atmosphere and watch the creation of culinary masterpieces in the on-stage kitchen.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a staple for my very picky 8 y/o son who lives on french fries the whole visit except when we visit here. 3 1/2 triple flat bread pizzas later he is happy and we enjoy our wonderful meal. We were seated at our reservation time. Server was prompt and funny. We ordered the heirloom Apple salad, goat cheese Ravioli and potato gnocchi. Main coarse, Filet of beef, Atlantic swordfish and Bell & Evans chicken. All was very good. I ordered a special cake to celebrate my mothers 70th birthday. The cake was presented with great surprise. (unlike the night before were I had chosen Yachtsmens Steakhouse to celebrate my wedding anniversary....horrible. please read review). Our server also presented us with a Chocolate Sampler and lots of ice cream for the kids. We were on the DDP ,but if not our meal would have been $298.46. This did not include wine. Anxious to see the new decor improvements for 2013.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I went here for a birthday dinner with my husband and 8 year old son. We LOVED the food. LOVED the view with private deck for firework viewing. I dont recommending booking the day of flight. My son was sick from the airplane ride and that put a damper on the meal. The waitor was very good and wrapped up a special treat for my son to eat later. Save room for dessert! The steak melts in your mouth!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food here has always been consistent. It had been a while since I had been to Orlando, but I came back with friends. It seems like it is more of a hassle to get up to the restaurant than before. Reservations are not easy to come by during peak times, so I have always eaten at the bar. They sometimes close and restrict visitors unless they know there are spaces at the bar. The food was good, but service was not as attentive. Furthermore, they brought the wrong flatbread appetizer to me. They left it with me before I could tell them it was not the correct order. It took 5 minutes for me to get a waitress' attention, and she redirected it to another person at the bar. That was not comforting.

Other than a not so great service experience, the food was good. They had some Southern presentations of fish that were good, but they were a little heavy for my taste.

We stayed for the fireworks, and we were not rushed in any way in spite of staying for about an hour and a half. Perhaps the service was overwhelmed because it was crowded. I still recommend it because it is the best food I have had at Disney.

1  Thank David&Buster
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The restaurant is on a top level view @ walt disney world hotel. The waiter provide excellent service and the food is average we order the mussels with garlic the portion is kind of small and kind of like fusion food to me. Main course we order the steak and pork chop pretty good except the chef should easy on the salt and peppers. The dessert is average noting really special. The view from the restaurant is stunning ..if you seated by window view side you can see Magic Kingdom , and other resorts. try to make reservation by like 8pm and fireworks will starts at 9pm most of the night.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had this our first night on the trip. Unfortunately we didnt get taz who we have had both times before when we went. But our waitress was just as good. It was fantastic way to start the vacation enjoying a creme brule with some moscato d'oro. I was sad though that I didnt get to watch the fireworks from the roof of the contemporary one of the nights like previous trips because we just didnt make it back. But I am sure next time I will be able to do that. Just gotta remember to save the reciept.

I have to say this is a must do for any disney vacation.