“Wow! A Fiesta for your tastebuds!”
Review of Cafe Tu Tu Tango

OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #63 of 3,775 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sand Lake
Transit: Lynx #"s 8, 38, 42 more info at www.golynx.com I-Ride Trolley Red Line stop 20 more info at www.iridetrolley.com
Description: CAFÉ TU TU TANGO was founded in 1991 by three friends who had just returned from a trip to Barcelona, Spain. While in Barcelona they marveled at the creativity and culture that surrounded them at so many of the cafe’s and coffee shops...artists scribbling sketches, writers working on novels, poets weaving sonnets together as they shared inspirations, encouraged one another’s creativity and noshed on small plates of unique and eclectic foods. These friends began imagining ways to bring this magic back home with them; and this was the genesis of the super creative, always evolving and sensory invoking experience that is our locally owned Café Tu Tu Tango!
Reviewed September 20, 2016

We have traveled the world and this had to be one of the best meals we ever had! There a fusion of foods here -- we tried the Korean Wild Boar Enchiladas, Cajun Chicken Egg Rolls and Guava BBQ Ribs.. OMG!! Plus the ambience is really interesting as well. We ate there for lunch and I hear that its even better for dinner! I would recommend in a heartbeat! They should open them across the USA!

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,365)

Reviewed September 19, 2016

We had a very large group decide to go to dinner at Cafe Tu Tu Tango. Most restaurants struggle keeping track of so many people in a group but our waitress handled it like a pro. Our food was delicious, accurate and hot! We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and left feeling full - which surprised us because of the portions (we figured they're small so we wouldn't be too full...wrong!). Try the Vietnamese Tacos - so flavorful!

Reviewed September 16, 2016 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend just touched back home in Ireland after a week in Mexico and a week in Orlando. So between breakfasts/lunches/dinners that's at least 28 restaurants we ate in over two weeks, Cafe tu tu tango was easily the most unforgettable out of them all. The combination of great service, beautiful food and a great atmosphere had us recommending it to everyone we met on I-drive.
We really wish we had enough room to try all the dishes but the Dynamite Shrimp was easily our favourite, just beautiful. I think what made the meal so enjoyable for us was partly down to our server Marcus. You could see he really enjoyed working there and was passionate about how good some of the food was, he talked us through everything and had some great recommendations for us. Average service doesn't exactly ruin a meal, but great service, like from Marcus, really does make the experience stand out. A credit to him.

All in all, get yourself to Cafe tu tu tango, you won't regret it.

Reviewed September 13, 2016

My experience was in-line with the other reviews. Although, with a party of one I was seated right away around 7 pm, I would have sit in the bar but it was closed for a private party. The server was a bit slow, but it appeared that she had quite a large section. Otherwise, she was very attentive and helpful - great service. Free valet parking was nice.

The food - great in concept but way too heavy on the salt on all the dishes, something that I can actually say I've never experienced anywhere else. The Moroccan cauliflower listed under "snacks" is incredible, a must-order. My enchiladas came out cold in the center - the server was great about it, and the manager was very kind to take them off my bill and bring me another serving, which was hot the second time around. The first serving, however, was perfect in taste, if not temperature - had more wild boar in the center, the second serving was heavy on cheese, salt - and light on the boar, tasted like a microwave dinner version. The chocolate-covered strawberry was a lovely touch to finish, it was great that you could order just one, or more if you so desired.

The vibe - was a bit too commercial. I was hoping for a bit more hole-in-the-wall feeling, but it isn't there. This really isn't the area for that type of culture, though. It i's still way better than your usual options in touristy areas like this (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Applebee's, etc.). There are fun touches like live dancers moving about the dining room, super entertaining. It's quite loud, so perhaps not the best for trying to have conversations during dinner. I didn't see many children, either.

The concept of the eating space with artists hanging out and working, and the dishes envisioned are all really great ideas - it would be nice if it were a touch more authentic.

Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

Great service. Various art work inside. Specialty appetizers and drinks. Staff and management very friendly. The staff explains how the menu works very well. All appetizers.