“Good food and entertainment”
Review of Bongos Cuban Cafe

Bongos Cuban Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Bongos Cuban Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #633 of 4,141 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Reviewed July 9, 2018

It had probably been 10+ years since we dined at Bongos Cuban Cafe. It was a nice dining experience but a little pricey. The live entertainment was nice but quite loud.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,901)

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We were on a family vacation to Disney World and came upon this restaurant at Disney Springs. It’s owned by Emilio and Gloria Estefan. I had never tried Cuban food but I was not disappointed. We had the Cuban sandwich and it was delicious. The service was excellent as well. We got there close to closing time but they still served us and Dany provided great service. It’s a definite must try if you’re in the area.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

The food lacked flavor, very bland, not authentic Cuban at all and overprice. 3 cubans and a gringo went and the first to complain was the Gringo, that is pretty bad. Save your money eat somewhere else or go for drinks, mojitos are good. They blamed the new chef, I guess we were not the only ones that complained.

1  Thank Liz P
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

I had very high expectations in part from the suggestions of employees in Disney Springs. We made reservations, arrived to the minute and waited at the front counter for almost 10 mins before any of the staff standing there acknowledged me and my family. We were still seated almost 35 minutes after our reservation as we watched others walk in and be seated quickly. There was no communication as to the delay. We had to inquire which seemed to make the staff more irritated. Once seated, our server seemed as if he was ready to go for the day. He was not personable at all. He never even smiled or welcomed us. The food was pretty good, the dancers were very impresssive and amazing. My family and I spent almost $300.00 here which for us (family of 5) was pretty pricey. I've had better customer service at IHOP. I have already written a letter to corporate about the angry front staff. It was so obvious another family asked us if we knew what the staff issue was. I knew then it wasn't just me. Based on customer service and the delicious but over priced food, I would not give this place a second chance. I was very dissapointed.

1  Thank twynb70
Reviewed July 4, 2018

To those that may not know by now, this place is owned by Gloria and Emilio Estefan....I love their music and admire them very much....but, as restaurateurs....its all about the hype and atmosphere.....the delivery fails most of the time.

I have been to this restaurant before, with similar results. The food is good, but hey, its Cuban food, no reason for it to be so expensive (I am Cuban, i know). They sell the same food as you can get at a local restaurant for three times the price. Ropa Vieja for $26?...come on....it costs $3 to make.

The place is incredibly loud. The service this past Tuesday, 7/3 was beyond horrible. We sat down, ordered drinks, appetizers and lunch. The food came first, when asked about the appetizers, they then brought them...yes, after we were already eating the main course. The drinks arrive half way thru the meal. The waiter seemed like he had no idea of what he was doing. He argued with the busboys that helped bring the food, in front of the customers....very unprofessional.

Lastly, this restarant is frequented by visitors from Latin America who do not really speak English all that well. They go to a Cuban restaurant and expect to be able to speak to a person in their language, afer all, its a CUBAN restaurant. Not the case, the tables around me were full of folks from Colombia, sobbing after loosing to England, on top of that misery, the waiter didnt speak a word of Spanish. HELLO GLORIA....pay attention to your business. Love you, but.....

Thank God I live in S. Florida and have many other options for good, inexpective Cuban food with good service.