“Disappointing”
Review of Bongos Cuban Cafe

Bongos Cuban Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Bongos Cuban Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #304 of 3,897 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to like Bongos. The decor is fun, the staff are nice, the cocktails were tasty, it was lovely to sit outside having dinner on a patio in mid-December BUT the food was just OK - bland and too much of it fried for our tastes. Having said that, people were obviously having fun and enjoying themselves.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,691)

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Walking through Downtown Disney on a Saturday evening and decided to try it. What a find! Had a wonderful table outside (in December), fabulous service, great food. The server asked if we had any food allergies - I've NEVER been asked that question by a server before. I ordered the shredded chicken and loved every bite. I asked for a side of black beans to go with my rice and it was there in a flash. Could not have been more pleased with our meal.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were vacationing in Florida and decided to have dinner at Bongos Cuban Café. (It was highly recommended and is situated in the downtown Disney area; a short walk from the dock.)

We had no reservations and were seated virtually immediately on a Thursday evening around 6PM on the first floor. The restaurant is large and was crowded and somewhat noisy, but our table was away from the crowds so it didn’t matter. There were good selections on the dinner menu and our waitress was very pleasant, helpful & attentive. We each ordered a Caeser Salad and then a Grilled Fish Filet & Shredded Chicken Breast; which were very good.

Since we had a good dining experience with great service, at a reasonable price and were not rushed, we would recommend this restaurant for dinner. As a matter of fact we went back for a later dinner on Friday evening.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great choice for a taste of Cuban food. Fantastic appetizers and side dishes made form plantain or yuca. Fish dishes are great, one of the best mojitos I've ever had (the tropical mojito) Staff is attentive and well trained. Cuban coffee to top off the meal. Live music on Friday and Saturday nights inside with live music outside as well. Attracts a good spirited crowd and reservations is a must. look at the entertainment schedules so you don't get caught after one of the shows lets out

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Went with my husband and ordered fried steak with plantains and mentioned I had a shellfish allergy. Had eaten one bite when the server ran across the restaurant and whisked my food away because even though it contained no shellfish they wanted to be 100% sure there was no cross contamination. Really good to see somewhere being so allergy aware. The food was gorgeous too very tasty. My husband had a tasting platter and recommends it