“Will never go back”
Review of Bongos Cuban Cafe

Bongos Cuban Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Bongos Cuban Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #339 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I live in Orlando and was given two $50 gift certificates to Bongos. Arrived with a group and were told that it would be 30-45 min wait. 7 people went to walk around and 2 of us sat outside to wait. 10 min later the pager goes off. We go in & shoot messages out to the group that our table is ready. They show us to our table and it's a table for 4. When we question it, they said that since only 2 of us are here they are giving us a small table, if more arrive then they would move us. Told that to the group and all but 1 decided to eat elsewhere. The 3 of us should have joined them.

15 min after we sit down, our waiter comes over. No apology, no welcome to bongo's, just what can I get you to drink? We each order a drink, after they arrive we order our food. Did not see our waiter again until the food came. Drinks are now empty. When I say we saw him, I mean he said I'll be right there and walked away.we finished eating and then sat for an unreasonable amount of time before he came by to offer dessert. We each picked out something and they arrived rather quickly, still no offer to get new drinks so we stuck it out with our water.

Long after our food was gone, dirty plates & empty drink glasses still sitting, we finally managed to flag down our waiter so we could get the check. Check is $100 so we put both gift certificates in there. He comes back and explains that we can't use it for the alcohol. They say valid for use on food, drinks, or retail. Back and forth with the manager for 20 minutes and we are forced to pay $60 out of pocket because he wouldn't allow us to use both certificates and we had to pay for the drinks. They also included gratuity, told us it was mandatory.

Will never go back, will not recommend it to anybody.

1  Thank WillVolk
There are newer reviews for Bongos Cuban Cafe

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to Bongos based on the recommendation from our bus driver. My 5 year-old is a very adventurous eater and he loved everything on the adult's plates. The fried steak was excellent as was the chicken and pork. I'd recommend getting there early (6pm) because even during the off-season, quite a line developed by 7pm.

We were eating on the traditional Disney Dining Plan that includes desert. I was surprised that the deserts were approximately three spoonfuls each. I'd eaten a large platter so I wasn't still hungry, but big eaters might be disappointed.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

the music is great, if you just go to dance, but dinner experience? I will never go there again, the food took over one hour to get to our table, the waiter never appeared at our table not even to check if we needed more drinks, since we were six people I guess he new he got his tip secured so he was so careless about "customer service". when we called him and asked him about our food, he just said "i will check for it" but went back to talk to his co-workers, by the time we got our food; it was dry and cold! awful experience. So disappointed that such of great owners and poor job quality:(

1  Thank Celiag34731
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We had our meal here and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Food was nothing very special but just very nice. We sat outside overlooking the water, which was very nice. Good to see that it was so lively indoors but if you sit outside you could be anywhere... Nice meal nice location but wouldn't go there twice for this

1  Thank all4dutchy
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The cafe has live music on the weekends so if you like Cuban music, check it out. The food was great although I found it blander than other Cuban food that I have eaten. The atmosphere is nice and the service was great. Worth a trip back.

1  Thank Randal H