“Very good”
Review of Bongos Cuban Cafe

Bongos Cuban Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Bongos Cuban Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #309 of 3,924 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We really enjoy going to Bongos. The food never disappoints. Sometimes the service is lackluster but we go for the food and the atmosphere. No ready to write them off yet.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,735)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I took my family here for dinner last Wednesday, and while this is not five star dining, the food always seems to be reliable. We all tried something different, and all enjoyed our meal. the food is solid if not spectacular.The wait staff was pleasant, and prompt, and they gave us a table outside with a great view of the lake. While not inexpensive, the price is certainly in line with other table service restaurants in Disney and beyond.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

It was ok but nothing to write home about. The drinks are VERY expensive but you get a souvenir glass - I would rather this be an option as we did not want to travel with glasses

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The title lays out my main gripes but let me be specific. First off, we spent 6 days and 5 nights in Disney and this was by far our worst expereince and one of the most expensive. Upon arrival the staff was helpful in accomodating our reservation even though we were 10-15 minutes late. However, once we were seated we didn't have waiter come to us for about 15 minutes and there was not water or silver ware on the table. When they did come it was to tell us theat our waiter was delayed at which point we said we were ready to order so we did. I orderd the fish creolla, and it was bad. The fish was not fresh and the creolla sauce tasted little more than a heavily salted water with a bit of tomato powder. The crispy fried beef my wife ordered was much better but to be honest there was nothing at all special about the plate of fried meat and small amount of starchy side that warrented the cost of $20+ per plate. Also everytime the witress came over I felt like she was intrusive, whcih may be a cultural thing, or maybe the way too loud music warranted that. In addition, the "cutsey" metallic palm leaf seats are a great designer touch but highly impractical and hurt my back the entire time. I got the sense like the ridiculous "bong drum"seats at teh bar had a similar issue. I undestand that it is Downtown Disney but to spend over $40 pp (w/ tax + tip) for an app, 1 beer and 2 entrees with the lack of flavor and poor excuse of Disney service is just not acceptable. Avoid this restaurant foe the multitude of better options that exist.

1  Thank noahrosenblatt
Reviewed January 18, 2013

An attractive restaurant with beautiful Latin-inspired decorating touches. Food good. Cuban sandwiches are good as are the plantains. Service good. Good service.