“5 Star Service, 5 Star Food”
Review of The Boheme

The Boheme
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boheme is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Jackson and Orange
Description: Our Guests enjoy luxurious fare in a casual setting. The Boheme Restaurant-open for breakfast, lunch, Sunday Brunch and dinner-features paintings by Elsie Ject-Key to complement its artfully designed menu of steak, seafood and inventive classics. Restaurateur Rene Nyfeler and Chef Laurent Hollaender join in their expertise to create an eclectic, masterful blend of American, Asian, Mediterranean, Caribbean, and Moroccan influences style menu that features favorites and new dishes, from the Kessler signature calamari, coffee marinated bone in rib-eye and New Zealand rack of lamb to mascarpone cream cheesecake and vanilla bean creme brulee. Fine wines from the restaurant's extensive wine cellar, including Kessler signature vintages created exclusively by Napa Valley winemakers, provide offerings from all over the world to pair with a memorable meal. At The Boheme you can also find the Kessler Chophouse menu, featuring the
Orlando, Florida, United States
“5 Star Service, 5 Star Food”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a late Valentine's dinner (the following Saturday) at The Boheme and it was perfect. The supervisor for The Boheme, Kelly, was super sweet helping us book our reservation and gave us a few wine recommendations. We arrived for our reservation a bit early and decided to have a cocktail in the lounge. The Jazz band added a nice touch to the gorgeous ambiance and added a little romance. Our service at the bar was friendly and quick. I had a glass of Piper (priced under what a few other establishments have down the street) and my boyfriend had an orange cocktail (can't remember the name) which was delicious. Had I known the service was going to be so fast, I would have ordered a signature cocktail as well - will remember for next time.

I was stuck between two bottles of wine once we made it to our table and Tyler - based on describing my tastes - recommended The Prisoner. It was incredible! All the notes matched exactly what I had described and the wine was impeccable. We started with a carpaccio which was perfectly seared and served with crostini and a delicious tangy sauce. I decided to go with Tyler's other suggestions and ordered the steak with cambazola (a favorite cheese I rarely get to have at home) and beet reduction. It was perfect! Cooked exactly the way I wanted and served with a beautiful presentation. My boyfriend had a NY Strip with peppercorns which he really enjoyed. Later, we had creme brulee and the chocolate lava cake. I wasn't going to go with the cake but Tyler insisted and brought it out with two double espressos. The flavors were out of control. So rich and not super sweet like a lot of saucy chocolate desserts can be. Perfection.

I want to thank Kelly and Tyler for making my night out with David so special. We laughed and talked the entire night and had a wonderful time. We'll absolutely be back again - hopefully to have Sunday brunch at Kelly's suggestion!

• Visited February 2013
Michael P, F&B Outlet Manager at The Boheme, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your great comments about the team here at The Boheme. Kelly and Tyler are overwhelmed by your response. We look forward to seeing you again and please do join us for Sunday Brunch. The food is amazing and the staff will blow will you away.

Grapevine, Texas
“Sultry & Fun”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I didn't eat here. But we had drinks. The ambiance is great. They have live jazz. The service was outstanding. The martini I had was perfect. I arrived earlier than planned at 8 pm and the place was dead on a Friday night. But by 10 pm, it was nearly packed. It's intimate and fun at the same time. Perfect for either a date or for friends. I'll be back. I'd like to try the food next time.

• Visited February 2013
Thank you for your great feedback. I have shared your comments about the Lounge with our staff and they are more than excited that you loved your experience in the Lounge. We look forward to your next visit as we have added some amazing new pizza's to our Lounge menu that you will not forget.

Thanks Again
Orlando
“Food and service are amazing”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The wait staff are friendly and efficient and have that perfect balance of being friendly but maintaining professionalism. The waiter was very helpful with descriptions of the menu items and made sure we were happy with our selections. He was also able to be there immediately when needed but didn't hover or bother us during conversation.
The shrimp appetizer is beyond description. The shrimp are small, but there are enough for an appetizer. BEST SHRIMP EVER.
The ribeye is in the top 5 of any I have ever eaten. That is a must have. The waiter will tell you that it is pink throughout at med rare temp. Mine was like that on the edges but the middle third was pretty red so if you like you steak pink throughout better order medium. There were also these mixed mashed potatoes - sweet and regular that were nothing short of a taste of heaven. Must order if you go.
My Husband elected the crabcake for his appetizer and was not disappointed. He said it was the best crabcake probably ever. 90 % or more crab meat.
This is not a place I would take children although there was a family there. It is an adult place immediately adjacent to the bar.
Dress is business casual.
I would highly recommend this place and afterwards, you can walk around looking at the art store and decor of the hotel.

• Visited February 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about The Boheme. We are excited to continue adding some amazing dishes to our menu for you to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice space, small portions, inconsistent quality”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

As you can tell from their website, the space is well designed. Sort of bohemian, sort of bordello, sort of luxurious, sort of dark -- you get the picture. Our waiter approached us in a timely fashion and proceeded to tell us A LOT about the menu including his personal favorites. This took a while, and considering that we didn't have any questions about the menu or his personal preferences, it struck as a little overbearing. Whatever.

My lamb T bone was small and smaller still considering that the bone and fat were far more abundant than the meat. My co-worker ordered the roasted pear salad and tomato and artichoke soup and was satisfied with both.

The next morning I sampled the turkey and brie Benedict and found it much more satisfying than the previous night's dinner, but the portion was still stubbornly small. Also, the $5 blood orange juice was clearly not freshly-squeezed. Am I naive expecting freshly-squeezed citrus juice? In Florida?

I loved the Grand Bohemian Hotel and will definitely stay there again the next time I'm in Orlando, but I will probably pass on The Boheme.

Visited February 2013
Michael P, Manager at The Boheme, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback, I have shared your comments with our team and we are working to make sure every experience is better than the last. Please contact me directly as I would love to get more detail from you about your experience.

Thank you very much for choosing the Grand Bohemian Orlando and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Orlando, Florida
“The best Sunday brunch in Orlando!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My office is located near Grand Bohemian in downtown Orlando, so I have lunch there on occasion. The food is quite good, and the décor is eclectic. The bar area is also very nice, with similar eclectic décor and a nice selection of wine and liquor. However, my favorite by far is the Sunday brunch, with a great selection of breakfast and other food. There is live music from the ever-present grand piano, and fantastic mimosas! In light of all that is offered, the price of the brunch is very reasonable. If you want to celebrate a special event with friends in a great setting, this is the place!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Black_Rock_City
Michael P, F&B Outlet Manager at The Boheme, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We pride ourselves on our Sunday Brunch and look forward to making more improvements in the future as well. Please come back and see us again soon.