“best meal”
Review of Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze
Ranked #96 of 3,790 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Bedford, United Kingdom
“best meal”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

thankfully we saved the best till last real food on the menu and they don't just deep fry. our server was great very helpfull and attentive we had to wait 30 minutes onley the second time this holiday it was worth the wait

• Visited September 2013

UK
“Fantastic Food Terrible Service”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went here at 7pm on a Friday night as a party of 9 including a child and an infant. Had a 30 minute wait which was ok as it gave us time to peruse the menu. When we were seated the waiter explained the menu and we ordered drinks. These arrived 10 minutes later and off went the waiter without taking our order. He reappeared another 10 minutes later and took our order. We asked him to substitute the apple slices for broccoli on the child's menu and he refused. I asked him to bring my husbands drink which he had forgotten ( he actually brought this drink after the appetisers arrived). The appetisers came and I pointed out to him that the menu stated quite clearly that sides could be substituted for everyone on request. He went off to ask about the broccoli and did return with some. We had literally just tasted our appetiser when the entrees arrived. Politely we asked that they be taken away until we finished the first course. We were tutted at and given filthy looks. As soon as we had finished the appetiser the entrees appeared again, the table had not been cleared and the servers struggled to place plates.they were rude and acted as if it was our fault they had no space. We had literally taken a mouthful when our waiter appeared to explain desserts. This was ridiculous, we felt very rushed and uncomfortable. During the meal he kept appearing, moving plates, glasses etc, he dropped a pot of sauce on my daughter and he returned dirty plates to our table. When the bill came I told him I would not be paying the service charge and could I speak to a manager. He said he would remove the charge but I insisted on speaking to management. The manager was very apologetic when I explained. While there is no excuse for rudeness I feel the young waiter we had was new to the job but he obviously was not trained properly so that is down to management. The manager to be fair was very nice, she gave me a gift card to be used at any of the restaurants in the chain and not only did she remove the service charge but she discounted the bill by 50%. I must say the menu was extensive, the food was awesome, everything was really delicious, ( ribs, rice bowl, crab cake, hummus, grilled chicken, goats cheese,) the cocktails were wonderful but the service really spoilt our evening.

• Visited November 2013
London Scot
“Second season syndrome”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Return visit was not nearly so enjoyable as the first. Still tricky to find entrance to car park, but smooth transition even on busy evening from entrance to seating. Service veered towards the brisk but young lady was friendly and helpful. Earlier reviews regarding relative cost of drinks strike a chord.

Major error, however, committed by kitchen, as main course arrived immediately following removal of starter plates - in fact almost synchronised. Fish main course was well-prepared etc, but I was in the mood for a relaxing evening.

Remainder of meal passed comfortably without mishap but again I detected a sensation of feeling rushed. Overall, restaurant's plus marks outweigh the negative issues, but second visit had proved something of a letdown after previous enjoyable meal.

To round off a memorable evening, on departure, I was accosted in the car park by a professional beggar - she picked the wrong night to test my largesse.

• Visited August 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Many visits...always excellent!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Check out Bahama Breeze during Happy Hour....all appetizers are half off! Great tasting, great deal! The staff at this location do an excellent job. Always willing to go out of their way to make the customer feel welcome. This location can be very busy as the night goes on. Getting a seat outside can sometimes be a wait....however, it is worth it. Live music, great atmosphere....enjoy!

• Visited October 2013
Ammanford, United Kingdom
“Standard has Dropped”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This restaurant is close to where we stay whenever we visit Orlando and is a favourite of ours for its food and choice of drinks.

We have always thought highly and on previous visits could find no fault. This time we ate four times in the restaurant and it varied on each visit.

This time we noticed that the waiting staff had all changed and now they were young. They tried hard but service was not the best and the greeters at the entrance were in particular too attentive to each other and let customer wait whilst they finished their conversations.

The drinks and food are still very good and really good value but the service was either poor or average.

It was noticable that the cooks/chefs often brought the food out to the tables.

I do resent having the bill set in front of me with 'service/tip not included' written across it in bold handwriting.

This is still a better than average restaurant but could be that much more better with more experienced staff waiting at the tables

• Visited October 2013