“Yummy!”
Review of Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 4,084 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Service was great. We had a group of 7 and was seated right away. The server was friendly and we didnt have to wait long for our drinks and our food. We had two children with us and it was suggested by our server to put their order in at the time we ordered our drinks, great idea! Everything we ordered was delicious!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,627)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My last review a few years ago says 'Favourite restaurant in Orlando' so we were excited to go back and enjoy it again. Unfortunately this time it was a thoroughly disappointing experience.
We arrived at 8pm and were given a pager and told the wait would be 30 minutes. This was no problem, we didn't have a reservation and we are used to this in busy Orlando restaurants. We were paged at 8.30pm and told to go to the desk at the front of the restaurant. The hostess at this desk barely acknowledged us, did not smile or give us eye contact and told us quite dismissively to stand to the side. We did as we were told and another female came over and lead us to our table. I asked if we could please have a high chair for my 2 year old daughter and she said 'hhmmm I don't think so but I could try and find you a booster seat' I said she was too little and would need a high chair, she said 'well I'll see if I can find one' and I said 'please could you?' to which she threw my daughters menu on the table and stormed off. I was a bit taken aback and asked my husband 'did she actually just do that?' When I then sat down at my seat I could see 2 or 3 high chairs piled up against a wall not far from us. She never returned with a high chair and when our server came over I asked her for one and she brought one over in about 10 seconds flat.
We ordered our food and then the wait began. We were not brought our food till 9.30pm an hour after we had sat down. My young daughter was hungry and exhausted by this stage and I asked a few times if her pasta was ready. When it was eventually brought over our server placed it in front of my 2 year old and said 'please be careful, the plate is hot' I assumed she meant it was just warm because she wouldn't have put it in front of a toddler if it was too hot to touch. Well the plate was actually burning hot! I couldn't believe it. I called the server back and asked her for a plate that wasn't roasting hot to transfer my daughters pasta into. Throughout all of this we never got one apology for the hot plate or the time we had to wait on our food.
We were directly in front of the kitchen and it just seemed like chaos with the chefs constantly shouting for 'runners!' to take the masses of plates of food that were piling up. There didn't seem to be any sense of urgency from the wait staff to get the food out to customers and most of them looked quite dishevelled, tired and uninterested. I went to the bathroom and could see 6 staff standing around the front desk chatting whilst all those plates of food were waiting to go out with the chefs frantically trying to get someones attention. There didn't seem to be anyone in charge or running the show which is why I never complained at the time.Also when I went to the bathroom, they were badly neglected. There was no toilet paper although there seemed to be plenty lying all over the floor.
When I got home I emailed the restaurant to tell them of this experience and they did email me back. They are sending me a gift certificate but I don't think I would go back. I just wanted to let them know how downhill things seemed to have gone so they can make improvements for future customers. Bahama Breeze used to be such a good restaurant and maybe I was just there on a bad night but it seems as though they are taking in lots of customers but do not employ enough staff to cope with the numbers. I hope things get better

1  Thank missy_greyhound
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Walked up on a Sat night, waited an hour to get a seat. We sat at the bar for about a half hour before, bartender was super helpful. We ordered the conch fritters - I recommend!! The dipping sauce is wonderful. Ate our entrees inside, busy atmosphere but service was great!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We dined here last week during spring break. It has a nice large outdoor dining area that made for a perfect evening. Great live music. The only thing missing was bing on the water. Food and service were fine. Loved the giant onion rings and my shrimp pasta was tasty. Good mojitos.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had a hard work day was ready for a cocktail -- something exotic -- and without making a bid decision and taking a cab. This was just the ticket. The beverages and the food were diverse and very hgh quality. I also like the chain's high ceilings and open floor plan. For being relatively close to the family-oriented outings, this restaurant wasn't overrun with children, a plus since I was with a business associate and we wanted to converse.