“Too hectic and too expensive!”

Boma - Flavors of Africa
Ranked #58 of 3,790 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Boma – Flavors of Africa – is a family-friendly buffet-style restaurant serving breakfast and dinner in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Designed to resemble an African marketplace, the exotic restaurant serves dishes inspired by the varied flavors and seasonal dishes of over 50 African countries, from the coast of the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean.Watch as Boma's chefs prepare dishes in an open kitchen with a wood-fire rotisserie grill. Morning offerings may include fresh fruit, African pastries, omelets, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, carved ham, breakfast potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and corn beef bobotie—a type of quiche.The dinner buffet offers favorites prepared with African flair, which may include signature vegetarian selections, traditional dishes, fire-grilled meats, seafood, soups, salads, and desserts.
WARWICKSHIRE
“Too hectic and too expensive!”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

It may have been the 6.20pm dinner time that was to fault for the hectic atmosphere, but this certainly cheapened a rather expensive meal. I can not fault the food in any way (even though there was actual pushing and shoving at the meat buffet!), the zebra domes were nice, thought to be honest not as fabulous as I had read in many previous glowing reviews. In my opinion the food was not too strange and different, just very nice.....if you could manage to get it back to your table in one piece!!
It was a treat to visit the beautiful Animal Kingdom Lodge, but wish the meal could have felt a little less rushed and frantic. Not too sure if I would return again....maybe on a free DDP or at a quieter time.

1 Thank TIFFINWarwickshire

• Czech first
Atlanta
“150.0 for breakfast is just crazy....”
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Visited in Dec. of 09. I went with my wife and 4 children. We were seated quickly but asked for ketchup 3 times which did not arrive till the end of our breakfast. Food was ok but could have went to Denny's for same quality. Waitress was busy with too many tables and then we were forced into a 18% tip for poor service. Would not eat here again for breakfast. Way too expensive for even disney.

2 Thank hayberg
tennessee
“Wouldn't Eat Here Again”
Reviewed December 21, 2009

I would not recommend this restuarant. I really didn't like the food. The food was too different for me..I really didn't know what I was eating. There are lots of great reviews so I am sure most enjoy the food it just wasn't good to me. If you like to try new and unusual foods then I would recommend.

1 Thank stones112
Buffalo
“What an awesome experience”
Reviewed December 9, 2009

My wife, 10 year old daughter and 9 year old son went in November 2009. We enjoyed the experience and definately will return next year. The buffet was huge and had an awesome selection with a wide variety of differnet foods. The selction was in no way your ordinary american buffet. It was truly a sense of being in Africa. It's an awesome place o give your children a taste of another culture. I particularly like the meat selections and the soup selections. There were soups with vegetable base, meat base, and seafood base. there were salds with different ingreients and fruit served in not just your typical dispalys. The dessert bar was expansive and delicious.
The atmosphere really mad you feel that you were in another continent and was just a beautiful place. It was very busy so the waiters are busy as well. They give good service but you could tell he had a lot of tables so he couldn't give you the exceptional service that we experienced at other restaurants at Disney, but he was in no way rude. He was just busy. (We tend to not be high maintenance so it worked for us.) My children loved it and went back several times tothe buffett and got more than just the chicken fingers. (LOL) I strongly recommend you make reservations and go

3 Thank pdaddyrich