“Wouldn't Eat Here Again”

Boma - Flavors of Africa
Ranked #55 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Boma – Flavors of Africa – is a family-friendly buffet-style restaurant serving breakfast and dinner in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Designed to resemble an African marketplace, the exotic restaurant serves dishes inspired by the varied flavors and seasonal dishes of over 50 African countries, from the coast of the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean.Watch as Boma's chefs prepare dishes in an open kitchen with a wood-fire rotisserie grill. Morning offerings may include fresh fruit, African pastries, omelets, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, carved ham, breakfast potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and corn beef bobotie—a type of quiche.The dinner buffet offers favorites prepared with African flair, which may include signature vegetarian selections, traditional dishes, fire-grilled meats, seafood, soups, salads, and desserts.
Reviewed December 21, 2009

I would not recommend this restuarant. I really didn't like the food. The food was too different for me..I really didn't know what I was eating. There are lots of great reviews so I am sure most enjoy the food it just wasn't good to me. If you like to try new and unusual foods then I would recommend.

1  Thank stones112
There are newer reviews for Boma - Flavors of Africa

Reviewed December 9, 2009

My wife, 10 year old daughter and 9 year old son went in November 2009. We enjoyed the experience and definately will return next year. The buffet was huge and had an awesome selection with a wide variety of differnet foods. The selction was in no way your ordinary american buffet. It was truly a sense of being in Africa. It's an awesome place o give your children a taste of another culture. I particularly like the meat selections and the soup selections. There were soups with vegetable base, meat base, and seafood base. there were salds with different ingreients and fruit served in not just your typical dispalys. The dessert bar was expansive and delicious.
The atmosphere really mad you feel that you were in another continent and was just a beautiful place. It was very busy so the waiters are busy as well. They give good service but you could tell he had a lot of tables so he couldn't give you the exceptional service that we experienced at other restaurants at Disney, but he was in no way rude. He was just busy. (We tend to not be high maintenance so it worked for us.) My children loved it and went back several times tothe buffett and got more than just the chicken fingers. (LOL) I strongly recommend you make reservations and go

3  Thank pdaddyrich
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 9, 2009

great food

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 3, 2009

This is a restaurant to try even if you are not staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge - which we were. We had originally made reservations in advance for dinner the night we arrived and breakfast the next morning. We arrived on Thanksgiving Day and they served a traditional Turkey and Dressing but the best was the African flavor foods. Even both of my children ages 7 and 10 loved the buffet! You have to try the Corn&Spinach Pudding, it is fantastic. Wonderful variety of salads and entrees. The dessert selections are excellent and the Chef had made a pumpkin cheesecake that was divine. The breakfast menu was wonderful also. They have jungle juice which is an exoctic blend of juices. They also have an omelette station but the eggs with Goat Cheese and Chives was a hit with myself, my husband, and both of my daughters. We enjoyed the food so much we had breakfast at the Boma 3 times and dinner twice!!! The atmosphere is upbeat and the musical players are extraordinarly pleasing to hear. They offer informational cards of the different countries that a cast member from that country will sign. Great for memories and scrapbooks!! We would definately dine again and look forward to it!!

1  Thank SimplyHeaven75
Reviewed November 25, 2009

We had read such good reviews on this place but we, except my son, did not think the food was that great. It was nice to try some different stuff but I don't think we will go back.