“Above average for a buffet”

Boma - Flavors of Africa
Ranked #58 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Boma – Flavors of Africa – is a family-friendly buffet-style restaurant serving breakfast and dinner in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Designed to resemble an African marketplace, the exotic restaurant serves dishes inspired by the varied flavors and seasonal dishes of over 50 African countries, from the coast of the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean.Watch as Boma's chefs prepare dishes in an open kitchen with a wood-fire rotisserie grill. Morning offerings may include fresh fruit, African pastries, omelets, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, carved ham, breakfast potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and corn beef bobotie—a type of quiche.The dinner buffet offers favorites prepared with African flair, which may include signature vegetarian selections, traditional dishes, fire-grilled meats, seafood, soups, salads, and desserts.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Above average for a buffet”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

My wife and I do not usually eat at Buffets but decided we would try Boma. The food was very good, the service was good but the noise levels were higher that we would have liked. It is a large open area and there is nothing to absorb the ambient back ground noise. Now for the food, I can't remember everything we tried but three standouts were the Butternut Squash Soup, the Harira Soup, and the Chicken-Corn Chowder. The carved beef had a little too much fat on it for my taste but maybe not for others. There were many other things I do not remember the name of that we also liked. There was one dish that consisted of Corn and spinach that I particularly liked. I wish I could remember the name of that one as I would like to make it at home. We tried each of the desert options as they were all bite sized and all were delicious. I would recommend Boma for anyone that likes to try new flavors.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank billnjax

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Solon, Ohio
“So wonderful!”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I will admit, I was hesitant to eat here as I am not a super adventurous eater and buffets can be a bit sketchy. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED my dinner here. The buffet is HUGE, there are so many options that I bet even picky eaters could find something they like. I think I tried pretty much everything and every new thing I put in my mouth I just said "oh my god, this is so good"....my husband was laughing at me by the end of the night. So, so good!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Luvs2Travel75
“Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

We have visited Boma twice out of three morning while at Animal Kingdom Lodge and the choice is fantastic.
Do try the omelettes and you will definitely not leave here feeling hungry no matter how fussy and eater you are.

1 Thank Scott_Philips
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great food”
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Was excited to eat here as our family enjoys Indian and African food. Initially was disappointed in the atmosphere. Packed tables in a smallish space and the buffet spread was not the most impressive from what I was expecting reading previous reviews.that was quickly forgiven after trying the food. Standouts were the jasmine rice,hummus, seafood stew, steak, salmon in orange sauce, and an egg dish. Desserts were ok and I'm not that impressed with the infamous zebra domes. I am not one to complain about prices as you know what you are getting into, but $18 for a four year old with a four year olds stomach and palate is ridiculous. If you do the meal plan and stay at the AK resorts I would eat here at least twice.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank OmahaMike
Los Angeles
“This picky eater LOVED this food!”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

I dream of going to Africa one day (soon!) and have always been nervous about the food - I'm not the easiest person to please. I reserved dinner at Boma as soon as I knew I'd be going to Orlando and the Disney World area. In part it was to see the animals at this hotel but I quickly learned you don't (can't) see them from the restaurant so that was deceiving. However I was still determined to try the authentic foods and I was so delighted to find one delicious item after another! Perhaps I am meant to go to that beautiful continent after all because my vegetarian palate was in heaven ... I meant to write down all that I was eating so I could relay it here -- but I was too busy going back for seconds. They even had mealie bread which is an African staple I've been reading about (and been curious about) since I was a child. How fun to find it's more or less cornbread!!!

• Visited August 2014