“This picky eater LOVED this food!”

Boma - Flavors of Africa
Ranked #60 of 3,776 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, African, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Boma – Flavors of Africa – is a family-friendly buffet-style restaurant serving breakfast and dinner in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Designed to resemble an African marketplace, the exotic restaurant serves dishes inspired by the varied flavors and seasonal dishes of over 50 African countries, from the coast of the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean.Watch as Boma's chefs prepare dishes in an open kitchen with a wood-fire rotisserie grill. Morning offerings may include fresh fruit, African pastries, omelets, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, carved ham, breakfast potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and corn beef bobotie—a type of quiche.The dinner buffet offers favorites prepared with African flair, which may include signature vegetarian selections, traditional dishes, fire-grilled meats, seafood, soups, salads, and desserts.
Los Angeles
“This picky eater LOVED this food!”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

I dream of going to Africa one day (soon!) and have always been nervous about the food - I'm not the easiest person to please. I reserved dinner at Boma as soon as I knew I'd be going to Orlando and the Disney World area. In part it was to see the animals at this hotel but I quickly learned you don't (can't) see them from the restaurant so that was deceiving. However I was still determined to try the authentic foods and I was so delighted to find one delicious item after another! Perhaps I am meant to go to that beautiful continent after all because my vegetarian palate was in heaven ... I meant to write down all that I was eating so I could relay it here -- but I was too busy going back for seconds. They even had mealie bread which is an African staple I've been reading about (and been curious about) since I was a child. How fun to find it's more or less cornbread!!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank JesseLosAngeles

• Czech first
Burlington, Canada
“Excellent Dinner Buffet”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We have been to WDW twice now, and have enjoyed a dinner at Boma on both visits. On both occasions we have found numerous different dishes and all of fantastic quality. The food is very different from what we eat on a day to day basis, but we love trying new things. The soups are probably the highlight of the buffet, not to take anything away from the other dishes, but they are wonderful. The service there has been excellent as well. It was one of our favourite meals on both trips and we will definitely be back. I would recommend this restaurant if you are spending a day at Animal Kingdom, or are staying at AKL.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Hockeyfan17
“My favorite AKL restaurant”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Would recommend Boma to anyone. I prefer the breakfast buffet and I'm not typically a breakfast food person. But there is something for everyone. Dinner - had the best soup there. You will get the most enjoyment out of it if you are open to trying new things.

Visited August 2014
Thousand Oaks, California
“Breakfast Buffet of Champions”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

It's not cheap, but it's a really full buffet. The pastries are a standout. Flakey croissants and sticky buns. Build your own omlette bar and crispy bacon were also a hit.

Visited August 2014
“Nice soups and great beef”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Now I'll be honest with this, it's not my bestest most favouritist of the upper end restaurants and WDW. I do like it, and I love the theming but it's not quite got it for me. My wife loves it, so it's purely a taste thing and perhaps a few too many dishes that have bones in. Having said that arguably some of the best soups in WDW. Definitely worth one visit. But given the choice, Grand Floridian, wilderness lodge, Epcot all better.

Visited September 2013