“Just try it”

Boma - Flavors of Africa
Ranked #57 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Boma – Flavors of Africa – is a family-friendly buffet-style restaurant serving breakfast and dinner in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Designed to resemble an African marketplace, the exotic restaurant serves dishes inspired by the varied flavors and seasonal dishes of over 50 African countries, from the coast of the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean.Watch as Boma's chefs prepare dishes in an open kitchen with a wood-fire rotisserie grill. Morning offerings may include fresh fruit, African pastries, omelets, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, carved ham, breakfast potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and corn beef bobotie—a type of quiche.The dinner buffet offers favorites prepared with African flair, which may include signature vegetarian selections, traditional dishes, fire-grilled meats, seafood, soups, salads, and desserts.
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Just try it”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I'll start off by saying that this is not an inexpensive dining experience. However, this was our second time to Boma and it is absolutely our favorite restaurant at Disney, and in my opinion, well worth the money.

I have two teenage girls and a 10 year old girl who can be somewhat picky, but they are the ones that requested a return trip to Boma on our most recent Disney vacation. The food is just different enough to make the experience unique but is not over-the-top that turns kids off. They take classic dishes (i.e. roast beef / baked chicken) and put a slightly different, but wonderful, twist on it.

Don't let the "African flavors" that they advertise question your decision to try it. Just do it - it is fantastic.

1 Thank DJC313

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Nevada
“..and I live in Vegas”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Coming from the buffet capital of the world I have to say the unique and various flavors made this buffet a special treat. Loved the butternut squash soup and the meats were really good. For me, however, I thought the deserts were lacking.

Perry Hall, Maryland
“Fresh and Flavorful!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had the opportunity to dine here twice on our visit last week. Both times the service and food were wonderful. Do not be afraid of the "African" spiced food. Most is not too spicy but still flavorful. Everything seemed fresh, which can be tricky on a buffet, and there was a nice variety of meat and veggie dishes. The fruit was great as were the desserts. I would highly recommend. One of our favorite meals at Disney.

1 Thank Laxmom3kids
Shamong, New Jersey
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were excited to dine here based upon reputation. We were disappointed. There is wide selection to choose from. There was just not much w enjoyed from the buffet.

1 Thank 2TravelLuvers
Montreal
“One of our favourite meals this trip!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My mom and I agreed that Boma was one of our favourite meals this trip (along with 1900 Park Fare and Jiko). After checking in, we were seated in about 10 minutes. We made our way through the soups, then salads, then meats and everything in between. We found all the food to be fresh, hot and tasty. I'm a picky eater and I didn't find any of the food to be too exotic, so don't be scared away! Wasn't a huge fan of the famous zebra domes, but I did enjoy the other desserts. On a special note, we went on Mother's Day and the CMs gave all the women small bags of chocolate. It was just a really nice touch and way to end a great meal. We will definitely be back!

Visited May 2014