“Plenty of choice and good flavours. Not the most helpful front desks.”

Boma - Flavors of Africa
Reserve with OpenTable
Boma - Flavors of Africa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 3,924 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Boma – Flavors of Africa – is a family-friendly buffet-style restaurant serving breakfast and dinner in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Designed to resemble an African marketplace, the exotic restaurant serves dishes inspired by the varied flavors and seasonal dishes of over 50 African countries, from the coast of the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean.Watch as Boma's chefs prepare dishes in an open kitchen with a wood-fire rotisserie grill. Morning offerings may include fresh fruit, African pastries, omelets, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, carved ham, breakfast potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and corn beef bobotie—a type of quiche.The dinner buffet offers favorites prepared with African flair, which may include signature vegetarian selections, traditional dishes, fire-grilled meats, seafood, soups, salads, and desserts.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed May 25, 2008

Plenty of choice and good flavours. Not the most helpful front desks.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Write a ReviewReviews (3,538)

Reviewed May 23, 2008

This is the best restaurant I ate at during my week stay.

Although breakfast is not a preferred meal for me, I can say this meal topped all of the lunches and dinners I had during my stay. The seasonings, alone, made everything taste that much more delicious. The Jungle Juice was delicious!!!!! The chef came out to greet us and talk to the children. He also snuck us a little dinner dessert, which was amazing. I tried to make a reservation for dinner, but they were completely booked during my entire stay. And, if the dinner was as good as the breakfast, I can understand why.

One evening, my son utilized the children's club near by, Simba's Cub House, and we had to pass by the restaurant during dinnertime. I was tempted to sit and wait as long as possible for a table because the aromas were out of this world.

I visit Disneyworld annually. And, I can say that I will undoubtedly be visiting Boma for breakfast and dinner during my next trip.

4  Thank Cianadoll
Reviewed May 9, 2008

Located In The Animal Kingdom Lodge, this African themed resturant contains the largest and best breakfast buffet in all of Walt Disney World. The buffet icnludes American Favourites such as bacon, eggs, grits, pancakes as well as some exotic foods like Zebra, African Pastery, and different fruits (Dragon Fruit, Passion Fruit). The highlight of this resturant is their fresh squeezed juice mix- "Jungle Juice" (which I latter found out was actully a mix of lemonade,orange,pineapple,passion fruit). I returned to the buffet over 8 times and found some new and exciting each time. Overall This Is The Best Breakfast in Disney World.

3  Thank Par4ah
Reviewed May 3, 2008

I have been to Disney 3 times in the last 3 years and every time we go we eat at Boma. I usually despise buffets. They usually all have the same tasteless food and disgusting desserts that I would not feed to my dog. Boma has prooved me wrong!! There is a huge variety of food that is so full of flavor. The food has an exotic flare without being obnoxious. Everyone in my family from the age of 11-37 found something that they absolutly loved.

Boma is in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is a quick ride from any of the theme parks and that makes it nice to get away from the crowds. Upon entering Boma you are greeted by African Natives dressed in their African attire. Our longest wait has been 10 minutes. The set up is that of an open air African market. They have nice "pods" so you do not normally have to wait in a long line to get your food.

The food itself is wonderful. They have many different meats some with a wonderful wine marinade. They have an American pod with mac'n'cheese and chicken for the little ones. They have a hummus pod with several types of hummus and pita bread. They have several different types of salads.

The DESSERTS are close to heaven. They have something called Zebra Domes that are just scrumptious. It makes me want to go back to Disney just to eat one of those! If you do not like sweets and want to opt for a more nutrional dessert they have wonderful fresh fruit. Pineapple, cantaloupe, kiwi, honeydew mellon, strawberries....they have it all.

Boma is my favorite place to eat at Disney. I would recommend it to everyone! If you have time after you eat tour the Lodge itself. It is beautiful. You can also take tours of the Animals on the Savannah. You can even get night goggles. The gift shop has African Wares. It is worth giving it a look. Hope you enjoy.

4  Thank Brandi84
Reviewed April 26, 2008

We stayed in Disney in April and bought a dining package. Having read many good reviews I made a reservation with Boma.
What a disappointment! Whilst there was a good selection of food, in my opinion it was completely lacking in flavour. If you are on the dining package my advise would be to avoid the buffets and enjoy the waiter service meals instead. We ate in Epcot's Morrocan restaurant and Canada's Le Celliers restaurant and both times had excellent meals.

2  Thank April67