“We went twice!”

Boma - Flavors of Africa
Ranked #58 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Boma – Flavors of Africa – is a family-friendly buffet-style restaurant serving breakfast and dinner in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Designed to resemble an African marketplace, the exotic restaurant serves dishes inspired by the varied flavors and seasonal dishes of over 50 African countries, from the coast of the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean.Watch as Boma's chefs prepare dishes in an open kitchen with a wood-fire rotisserie grill. Morning offerings may include fresh fruit, African pastries, omelets, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, carved ham, breakfast potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and corn beef bobotie—a type of quiche.The dinner buffet offers favorites prepared with African flair, which may include signature vegetarian selections, traditional dishes, fire-grilled meats, seafood, soups, salads, and desserts.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My family and I were visiting Magic Kingdom and, by the time we left, it was late and we were starved! We called to make a reservation, and the staff was very receptive. By the time we got there, they were having another heavy flow of customers. However, they still honored our reservation no matter what, and seated everyone with precision. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was carefree and relaxed. The staff was so accommodating and helpful, when my mother raved about the soup she was eating (I don't remember what it was called), our server politely excused himself, and returned just minutes later with the full recipe, just for her to make at home! After a delicious meal, completed with an amazing lemonade beverage, we found ourselves wanting to come back. So we did! If I am ever in the area again, this will be a must visit restaurant! I do not know if they have outdoor seating, or a scenic view(it was very dark out). Nor do I know if they have brunch. However, if they do, I will be there!

4  Thank TheBooReview

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Made a reservation here as I had heard it was one of the best Disney dining experiences, so my hopes were pretty high. The selection of salads was interesting and I particularly enjoyed the watermelon rind with ginger, and the houmous and fruit salad selections. I found the meat section to be quite small and less exciting than I expected, with fatty cuts of pork and chicken legs and salmon not my idea of the most inspired African meat cuisine. Also the boboti was too salty and rubbery for my tastes. The standout section of the buffet was the dessert selection, with special mention for the awesome butterscotch banana bread pudding and rum sauce, which I think I had third helpings of!
Unfortunately what spoiled the experience for me was what compelled me to come on and write a review. Our server was slightly over-attentive from the start which was vaguely annoying, but after just 40 minutes at our table he was pushing us to leave and pressuring us to pay the bill. I understand it's a busy restaurant but we had made advance reservations and when a meal for 2 adults and a child costs over $100 (with no extra drinks), I would not expect to be pressured to leave after only sitting over the meal for less than an hour. Disney needs to work on this as it felt very much like a production line of paying guests, and the price demanded more respect for the punters.

1  Thank magd2579
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The food was excellent here. Lots of different things to try, I loved it! The ribs were awesome, so were the deserts. This place is a must, if you have a chance to get here!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

A buffet style meal with multiple choices,like lamb curry,sweet potato soufflé,salmon ,salads and vegetables indigenous to Africa ,adding up to a great dining experience.NOTE:DISNEY CHEFS PERSONALLY MET WITH US PRIOR TO HEADING TO EAT TO SHOW THOSE WITH FOOD ALLERGIES WHAT FOODS CONTAINED THEIR ALLERGENS.Greatly appreciated!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great food. Lots of taste, exciting and delicious. Heaven for vegetarians.
Our server was a little ....well, maybe she had a bad day. Therefore not top score. BUT am definately going back. Great place!