“Very good food - be ready to try new things” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Boma - Flavors of Africa

Boma - Flavors of Africa
Ranked #54 of 3,639 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Boma – Flavors of Africa – is a family-friendly buffet-style restaurant serving breakfast and dinner in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Designed to resemble an African marketplace, the exotic restaurant serves dishes inspired by the varied flavors and seasonal dishes of over 50 African countries, from the coast of the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean.Watch as Boma's chefs prepare dishes in an open kitchen with a wood-fire rotisserie grill. Morning offerings may include fresh fruit, African pastries, omelets, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, carved ham, breakfast potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and corn beef bobotie—a type of quiche.The dinner buffet offers favorites prepared with African flair, which may include signature vegetarian selections, traditional dishes, fire-grilled meats, seafood, soups, salads, and desserts.
“Very good food - be ready to try new things”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

To fully enjoy Boma, you have to be willing to try things you have likely not eaten before. Since it is buffet style, you can enjoy a little bit of everything. All the adults in our party considered it very good - for my daughter they did have kiddie standards like Mac & Cheese-and we even saw some adults eating those too. If the short ribs are there, you must try! Also Paneer was excellent.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Washington, DC
“Breakfast -- good but not amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had a nice breakfast here and there was something for everyone. The selection is fine and the quality is good, it's just not amazing or anything super special. The value just isn't there. It's convenient if you are staying at Jambo House but not worth going out of your way for.

Visited January 2013
Venice, FL
“Busy even on Superbowl Night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is our 3rd visit and we know that you must reserve in advance, but we were amazed when 2 weeks in advance in low season, on the night of Superbowl we couldn't get a decent time. That's how popular this place is. The price goes up everytime, and it is not inexpensive, but the food is good, and they vary the menu introducing new things. In fact, I felt this time they had more items that were interesting. I know the mac n cheese is there for fussy kids who don't want to try new things, but I come to Boma to try the African cuisine. The mac n cheese offends me! Its out of place. I often skip the soup in a buffet, but here the soup is so worthwhile that you must sample several. They have the requisite buffet carving station with roast beef and various unique sauces to top it. The roast pork was delish, and the salmon was moist and nicely topped. Pap, which was similar to cream of wheat was better than I expected, the lentil salad with hearts of palm had a nice balsamic vinegar taste to it, the artichoke hearts with pimento, olives, and hearts of palm was also excellent. The banana bread pudding with 2 sauces to top it was top shelf, and I had a weakness for the passion fruit panna cotta. The only down side is you invariably over-eat at this wonderful buffet. Afterwards we walked around the pool area where you can see a few animals inside the park and be sure to appreciate the lovely drama of the hotel lobby at night.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sharon Z
Chicago, Illinois
“Definitely a Buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I am not a buffet person so I was a little nervous from the get go about this pick but it was all we could get last minute and we had to change our Lau because of weather. The food was definitely a taste of Africaand it was good from what I tried yet I'm not very adventouras in food. My issue came with the buffet lines. There were kids running around everywhere and it was not at all controlled. I know its Disney and they are kid friendly but this was crazy for a dinner resturante. I was not impressed enough to go back but again I for not favor buffets. But if you do and you have the patients for kids running around then this would be a great pick.

• 5 of 5 stars
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“A tasty sampling of African fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Boma is a favorite when visiting Disney. The selection is diverse and always very good. There are many great desserts to choose from as well.

Visited January 2013