“so much great food I wish I had two stomachs”

Boma - Flavors of Africa
Ranked #58 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Boma – Flavors of Africa – is a family-friendly buffet-style restaurant serving breakfast and dinner in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Designed to resemble an African marketplace, the exotic restaurant serves dishes inspired by the varied flavors and seasonal dishes of over 50 African countries, from the coast of the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean.Watch as Boma's chefs prepare dishes in an open kitchen with a wood-fire rotisserie grill. Morning offerings may include fresh fruit, African pastries, omelets, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, carved ham, breakfast potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and corn beef bobotie—a type of quiche.The dinner buffet offers favorites prepared with African flair, which may include signature vegetarian selections, traditional dishes, fire-grilled meats, seafood, soups, salads, and desserts.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was our third or fourth trip to Boma.
The quality of food is always good, with the African twist we enjoy so much.
If only I could eat more... ;)
Particularly good this visit was the Butternut Squash Soup, the Chicken, the Seafood Coconut Curry Soup, and the Zulu Cabbage.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We knew they'd like it - but they didn't. As soon as we said "buffet" and "Disney" in the same sentence, we were up against it. Thankfully our friends trusted us enough to show up. Boy, oh boy, did they have the best time. They tried pretty much everything and they loved every bit of it. I bet they go back before we come back into town next year.

1  Thank Keith F
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Boma is a wonder of atmosphere, savory scents, and tastes for every palate. We have eaten here many times, and each time we are amazed at the diversity and detail that goes into the experience. Imagineers want you to envision an African market- and it works. I love the light fixtures. When you go, take a minute to look around at how carefully every works together to create an inviting place to have a meal. And then there is the food. Oh! The buffet is a delight. There is a carving station with wood roasted meat, and then on to sides and salads. The food allows even the least adventuresome try and bit- and then go back for more. The carrot ginger soup is one of my favorites. There is usually a watermelon pickle salad that is great. They always have bobotie- a lamb and beef casserole with raisins. At the carving station there are intriguing sauces for the meat. There are curries, stews and soups. Intermingled with all the African inspired foods are the regular things that less adventuresome- or the kiddies- prefer. We have had gatherings here a few times, brought an aunt and uncle who are only meat and potatoes kind of people- and many others as guests. They all said that they would return! This buffet is also available for breakfast - which brings its own wonders- like the special juice they bring out. It is a combination of fruit juices that is very good. There are usually 45 items on the breakfast buffet! I forgot dessert- one of my favorites- zebra domes. Haven't had one? You need to try one. A little round of cake, mousse and white chocolate. They are famous! There are a myriad of other sweet treats to try. Please don't miss the experience of having a meal in this delightful restaurant located in Jambo House at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We went for dinner and breakfast and were very impressed both times! The menu features lots of exotic-sounding items, but there is plenty of "regular" stuff for the less adventurous eater. Also nice, the layout if the restaurant somehow feels more intimate than some of the other buffets in WDW. Definitely a winner!

1  Thank 13NC
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The breakfast buffet for $20 a person was actually worth it. It is the best breakfast I've ever had, let alone the best breakfast at Disney. The bread puddings they put out every morning are a must have. Each morning they have a different sauce and they're all great. I think the banana's foster one was my favorite but the praline pecan was also great. They also do omelettes or eggs made to order (it says omelette station but you can order eggs as well). I would say the weakest thing that I ate for breakfast was the breakfast sausage which was good but not great. The dinner was $40 a person and it was very good but there was nothing as outstanding as the breakfast bread pudding to separate it into the great category. The curry soup I had was actually amazing but it takes more than a soup for me to call a dinner outstanding. The meats were all good but nothing stood out as great. The mini desserts were the other highlight of the dinner; I grabbed about 4 or 5 different mini desserts from a passion fruit panna cotta to a cinnamon chocolate mousse and all were great. Breakfast was 6 stars out of 5 and the dinner was 4 out of 5 bringing the average to a full 5 star rating.

2  Thank John R