“Ok service and no so fresh food.....”
Review of Anh Hong

Anh Hong
Ranked #1,193 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Anh Hong Restaurant offers the finest, authentic selection of Vietnamese cuisine in the Orlando area. We specializes in an assortment of dishes such as Pho Noodle Soup, Vietnamese Sandwiches, Rice Noodle Soup, and more. Our menu is extensive and includes over 200 dishes. And in all of these plates, we use only top-quality ingredients including organic items from local farms to support the local economy. With many awards of excellence from the Orlando Foodie Awards for the last 7 years in row as the best, freshest Vietnamese Restaurant in Central Florida, it's no surprise that our loyal customers enjoy coming to dine with us time and time again. Your complete satisfaction is our top priority here at Anh Hong Restaurant. We welcome you into our cozy and relaxed restaurant to enjoy a delicious meal with friends and family. Join us for great food, good times, and memories.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have eaten here a few times and they have gotten worse over the years! I first ate here 3 years ago and their food was much better than now. But the last time I went, July3rd, it wasn't so good anymore. I love rice vermicelli and I usually get this when I eat viatnamese, not so good at Anh Hong's anymore! I ordered their rice vermicelli with chicken and it was cold and chewy and they top it with lettuce and cilantro which is not the norm. Their summer rolls tasted old and chewy, their soup is bland and cold, and you can tell that their springs rolls are store bought! Even their desserts taste like they are made days in advance! Their bubble teas are ridiculously over priced too unless you like over paying. Not to mention their silverware looked old and dingy and the parking is horrible unless you like to park and walk to their restaurant. I don't recommend this place anymore. Try Little Saigon or Golden Harvest both off Colonial Drive (same street) too instead. Their service is better and their rolls are made daily. Compare if you want, you can definately tell the difference!

There are newer reviews for Anh Hong

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very authentic and laid back family restaurant in downtown Orlando. Small and cosy and definitely worth a visit if your taste buds is craving Vietnamese or Asian food.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I randomly chose this restaurant as I have not eaten at any restaurants in this area before. I was pleasantly surprised to find a very good restaurant. I loved the fried tofu sandwich that I ordered which was recommended by my server. The vegetable soup was bland and the soup spoon that was served with it was dirty. I wouldn't recommend ordering the vegetable soup; however, as I've said the sandwich is great! I loved it so much that I googled a recipe for it so that I can make it at home.

The service was sketchy. My original server disappeared and a young woman seemed to take over for him. I had a lot of time to read the awards on the wall and I wondered why they haven't earned any awards since 2009.

I'm really looking forward to eating at this restaurant again and trying something else new! By the way, the shopping in the immediate area is great too! I was able to purchase a lot of different spices, noodles and vegetable soup mixes to make at home.

2  Thank Katie8200
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here and the place was busy. Service was pretty good despite the crowd. Be sure to get one of the appetizer rolls. There are two in each order so we shared. We should have shared an entrée or brought a cooler for leftovers. The food was very good, so I agree with the many reviews and "Best of" awards posted on the walls. The menu is extensive so it may take awhile to decide. There was a page with pictures of food and their corresponding menu number which was helpful. I also enjoyed the Jasmine iced tea. Definitely worth a trip for lunch.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have always loved Thai food but, after recently spending three weeks in Vietnam, like Vietnamese food even more. So, we were really looking forward to a great meal. Unfortunately, our experience here was a real let-down.

My wife and I started with the spring rolls which were supposed to be like most spring rolls, fried and hot. Ours came out fried but cold as if they had been pre-cooked and then not nuked long enough. They had to be sent back. The Vietnamese pancake was our favorite food while in Vietnam and we ordered one. The pancake was a good size but was greasy and totally lackluster in flavor. It also did not come with the peanut sauce that came with every pancake we ordered from Halong Bay to Ho Chi Minh City. The accompanying lettuce, mint, and other greens were fresh and a true touch of the food we had in Vietnam.

We also ordered a "make your own" dish comprised of meat, shrimp, noodles, the various greens, and rice paper. The meat (beef and pork) was overcooked and dry and, like the egg roll, was probably pre-cooked and then dried out while being reheated.

It seems we had the one waitress in the place that could have cared less about service. The other wait staff checked with their customers regularly, automatically brought extra napkins, etc. while ours was never to be seen. I flagged down other wait staff to assist us.

Trying new places is like going on one's first cruise. With nothing to compare it to, it will seem great. Anh Hong may be a fantastic experience with great food for a novice, but, for the experienced and educated, it would be a below average restaurant if located in Vietnam. For Orlando, it is worth a visit to see for yourself.