“Great pancakes,hot breakfast!”

Clarkie's Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 15, 2012

No, this isn't Denny's..thank goodness! Clarkie's IS a diner style, hometown, individually owned restaurant with an eclectic decor of family photos, year-round Christmas lights inside, and items and photos that show pride and regard for our U.S. Military..and I'll take that, Any day, over spotless flooring.
Not only that, the waitress is a lovely lady, the coffee is good,and I have never had eggs served to me that were That hot and freshly made! We had eggs, bacon, sausage and rye toast, and all of it was very good. The blueberry pancakes, with lots of fresh blueberries, were wonderful! At first,I was wondering whether they seemed thin, and not be 'pancakey". Gladly, I was very wrong; the pancakes were light but rich, the batter perfectly encased the fresh fruit,and we enjoyed every bite!
Not only that, but the prices are really reasonable!
We look forward to coming back to Clarkies the next time we are in Orlando!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

It's clean. A lot of wear and tear on the place. But it's clean and the food is good.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Sweet servers and good food but eeew... carpets haven't been cleaned since 1959. HOWEVER, they may have corrected that since I've been there. You can buy orchids there.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

At Clarkies you can have an excellent breakfast and buy an orchid as you leave

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Couldn't resist trying Clarkie's for lunch yesterday. I've drove by this place several times before but yesterday was the day to finally stop in. The diner itself is in great need of an overhaul. Peeling wall paper, dingy, stained carpet and a much needed ventilation system just to name a few. But, the food, service and pricing can't be beat. They offer a $2.99 breakfast combo before 8a - fast food chains don't match that price. Despite the look of the place, I'll definitely be back.