“We drive an hour to come here...often”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Go Hyang Jip

Go Hyang Jip
Ranked #1,879 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“We drive an hour to come here...often”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant while traveling through Orlando and have been back multiple times since then. Each time we are greeted warmly by everyone. Typically we order bulgogi and bibimbop with bok bun ja joo (wine). Service is always wonderful: the staff is friendly, respectful, and promt. The atmosphere is laid back and comfortable. The typical customer is Korean (that should tell you something about the authenticity of this place). The hour drive is well worth it!

3 Thank Hjhancock

• Korean first
Asia
“REALLY Authentic Korean Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

My wife is Korean and we both live in South Korea. I have lived there for the past 12 years and have become - as my wife and I jokingly say - an ajjussi (Korean man). In other words, used to have a typical white guy American diet... but now I can't live too long without Korean food. And I KNOW Korean food.

I just took at business trip back to the U.S. and found myself in Orlando. After a few nights of italian, steakhouses, etc... the craving kicked in and we needed a fix. I google'd for nearby Korean restaurants (from International Drive) and found Go-Hyang-Jib to be only 4 miles away. The reviews were pretty harsh... but we decided to give it a chance anyway.

First, everyone who works in the restaurant is Korean. We were greeted warmly by a middle aged little Korean lady. We ordered Haemul Pajung, Duenjang Chigge, LA Kalbi, Ojjinguh bokkum (yeah... we were hungry... too much... i know). A couple of big things:

1. The duenjang chigge tasted exactly like it was from Korea
2. The rice was the fat white rice like in Korea, not the long, white, dry rice you usually find in Chinese restaurants.
3. The Kalbi sauce tasted just like it does in Korea.
4. The sides.. .the sides!!... Kimchi... KongNaMul (bean sprouts)... spicy pickles... just like you were in Korea...

This is hard to do. Ingredients are hard to find in the U.S. and a lot of restaurants authenticity suffer because of it. So we were pleasantly surprised to find the taste so authentic.

People trust me. My wife is a finicky eater. She gets upset over what type of rice she gets served. And she was extremely happy with the place. You will be too. Unless you don't like authentic Korean food and want it American-ized. Then you probably need to find a Fat Panda or something.

• Visited April 2011
5 Thank TimboConQueso
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hit & Miss Restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2010

We went twice. Our first time was pretty good. However, on our second time, the quality of service and food was less than impressive: jjigae was blend, appetizer we got was not what we ordered. We were given the wrong appetizer at no extra charge, but the disappointing thing was the manager's attitude - he thought the restaurant had done nothing wrong and made us feel like we should be thankful for the appetizer which we didn't really want to eat in the first place.

Also, I can't blame this manager guy trying to make a good pitch about his own restaurant, but did not appreciate the negativity around another Korean restaurant in Orlando. Rather than talking, the manager should instead concentrate on the quality of their own service and food.

Definitely not going back the third time.

1 Thank wlsfo
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Korean food! Bar none!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2010

If you are in Orlando FL, or FL for that matter and wants to eat real authentic Korean food, then look no further. This place does it! Side dishes were fresh and delicious. Main dishes were awesome. Everyone who wrote bad reviews about this place were those unfortunate folks who visited this place while the previous owner was ruining the reputation of this place. Original owners are back and Grandma cooks! She cooks like she does it at any traditional Korean home! The food is authentic and delicious! I've been to NY and LA Korean restaurants. I'd say I am a picky person when it comes to Korean food. I was blown away by the taste and freshness of the food. It reminded me my family cooking back home. Will definitely going back there again when I visit Orlando!

1 Thank Wesley0920
orlando
“best korean food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

I was shocked to read couple other reviews then realized that they must have gone with the old owners. the 'original' owner came back just couple months ago and it is the best food all around. i travel over an hour to eat 'moms' cooking. too bad others had bad experience, should go back for the original owners cooking.