“From manager Bill Brown down, this place is horrendous!”
Review of Cattleman's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Cattleman's Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Delicious Steaks and Seafood in a fun, casual, Country/Western restaurant right on beautiful International Drive in Orlando. We are located in comfortable walking distance of hundreds of hotels, shops and attractions and offer the best menus, patio, live country/western DJ and a staff that is unbelievable! Our Manager will go out of his way to please you! Come on in a give us a try, you'll like it, I promise!
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I went to Cattleman's for our anniversary...what a horrible mistake! We live in Orlando, and eat out often, so we wanted to try a new restaurant, and found Cattleman's. We walked in and immediately enjoyed the scenery and style of the place. However, that's pretty much all that was good. Our server seemed like she didn't want to be at work, and was hardly looking at us when speaking. She also didn't mention any of the daily specials (we heard about the specials from another server who was informing other patrons about them.) Throughout the visit, our server was barely around, leaving us with empty glasses a few times, (she also didn't take our drink orders until about 5 minutes after we sat down. She came over and said, "I'll be back to get your drink order" then left for a few minutes.) If we needed something, we couldn't get it in a decent amount of time, because she was MIA. We ordered our meals, and my steak was over-cooked. The fries and the mashed-potatoes on her plate were cold and a VERY small portion (an ice-cream scoop serving). After we were done eating, (again, the drinks were not refilled for a while), I asked for a box, eventually it came. We sat at the table for a little more than 20 minutes after finishing the meals, and had no service. We finally got the bill, and a box. Our server didn't even pick up the check when we were ready to pay, another worker who happened to walk by and see it said, "Is that ready to go?" Which I said yes, and he was gracious enough to take it. This was probably the worst experience I've had at a restaurant in my life, and it also happened to be the most expensive meal I've paid for in my life. This was definitely not worth the money nor time spent (over two hours in total). I'm very disappointed in this whole thing. I contacted the manager (Bill Brown) of Cattleman's after this experience, and he emailed me back asking to call him. After I called him, he said that he wanted to send me a gift card to have us back there. After waiting two months, the gift card never came. I contacted him a few times about it, but he just ignored me. This event happened in March, it is now the end of June, and I have yet to receive a gift card or even get a response from Bill Brown. I contacted the BBB about this, and he didn't respond to them either. I will be contacting the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation as well, and will be writing reviews on other websites so people don't make the same mistake as we did. I didn't expect anything from the manager after writing him, but he offered the gift card to us, then he lies and ignores me. Work performance trickles down from the top, and it shows at Cattleman's.

11  Thank MyVisitHere

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We visited with our dad who was very sick with cancer, this was the last night of our holiday when we were visiting him in Florida. Right from the start the service was abismal we weren't allocated a waiter. It took 30 mins to take our drinks order and we had to ask a random waiter to take our food order. No one would take responsibility for our table and so when our food still hasn't arrived after 45 mins my dad got really mad. Once we'd eaten we complained to the owner who didn't apologise and didnt care, he was more worried that we wouldn't pay and to be fair we shouldn't have had to pay. They offered us 10% off and when my dad said that wasn't 'god damn' good enough they said they'd call the police because we were swearing and refusing to pay. I couldn't believe how we were treated, it's disgusting that tourists can be treated in such a way. Never ever ever go here!!!

15  Thank Jessicle12
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Slow slow slow service! Food not great and all messed up. TOOK FOREVER to get anything. Some peoples drinks didn't even come!

2  Thank lisabordis
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Pros: Service was good and fast
Cons :Stakes did not meet the expectations or justify their spicy prices

1  Thank yourgas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I find they make many of the restaurants in the States to chilly indoors, so in the Cattleman we could at least get a lovely table under a gazebo. The family went for Spare Ribs and Steaks, all of which were very tasty, my big objection however is the pric eof the wines which carry a huge mark-up and then on top of that they add an 18.5% service charge... so very cheecky! This was distasteful so wont go back!