“One of the best ceviches in Orlando and "Fried ice cream" ???”

Taste of Peru Orlando
Ranked #508 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Reviewed May 13, 2014

One of the reasons I keep coming back to the taste of Peru is because not only their food but the personalize service the two people that work in there, Are brothers she's the server and he's the cook very nice guys if you wanna try the ceviche go early 12.30pm it comes right and fresh huge chunks of fish maybe needs a pinch of salt but nothing it can be fix it's just awesome, can go wrong with trying the "papa a la huancaina" a must if you visit this restaurant, something in the more heavy way Ask for the "lomo saltado" I always ask for it to go because it's a lot of food, but the thing that make me keep coming back it's that fabulous dessert called "Lucuma fried ice cream" yeap you read it Right fried ice cream just got to try it unfortunately that was not available today but just the Lucuma ice cream and the "picarones" are out of this world. So next time you are ready to try something new in Orlando this is one of the best places to go.

1  Thank ricardos95

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I was referred here by a Peruvian I met at a conference. I figured We could not go wrong on a recommendation by a native, and I was right. Don't be put off by the neighborhood. The restaurant is clean and the food was delicious.

All food was subtitled in English which I appreciated. I had the lomo saltado and the steak was very juicy and tender. An interesting mix of food that somehow works well together.

Everything was served quickly (although I would have liked more time for the appetizer before my meal came out as the ceviche was fabulous.) After dinner we were not rushed and enjoyed a leisurely conversation before leaving. The only downside for some may be that no alcohol is served, so you may want to call to see if you can bring your own bottle.

We will definitely go back.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

This place was great! Even the kids ages 6-13 ate it and that's saying a lot. Tried the shrimp ceviche. Tangy and unique. The lomo saltado was fantastic. We had the chicken and beef saltado, both excellent. I recommend you try the purple peruvian drink. Not sure what it's called but it's really good! I loved the little corn crunchies that they put on the table to nibble on and the hot sauce that they serve it with was so good that I put it on everything. This place is a great little find.

2  Thank Got_too_many_dogs
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I are fans of Peruvian food and have tried it in various places, including in South America. This place has the best Peruvian food that we have had in the USA. We ordered the fish filet in seafood sauce and the saltado de pollo with crispy fried rice. Both meals were excellent and the quantity was generous. The seafood sauce actually had tons of seafood in it including shrimp, mussels and squid. The saltado de pollo (my usual favorite) was complemented well by the fried rice. Make sure you get their spicy sauce on the side (aji pepper sauce with cilantro), that just added more perfect kick to the food.

Bottom line, we would highly recommend the food here and will go back if and when we return to Orlando. I took one star out just because our takeout box was not microwaveable and had a hole in one of them so the sauce leaked into the plastic bag.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try a new cuisine on our latest trip to Orlando and this being Peruvian. We gave this new place a shot as we heard they had great service compared to the other places. It is very tiny inside but welcoming. We're so glad we chose this. The waitress whom I'm assuming is the owner and the husband is the chef was so nice and helpful on recommendations. She gave us a sample of their purple corn drink which my little daughter liked so we ordered a glass. Then we ordered the mussels as appy, the trio ceviche, and the angus steak with pesto spaghetti. The food was fresh and delicious. The portions were extremely generous especially the ceviche it could feed four people. The price was reasonable. It was our first time tasting Peruvian and certainly won't be our last. I will not be surprised if this little place expands into chains. Keep up the good work!!!